Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Long
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, love the game but still a little confused on the "transfer of cash marker to another guerrilla marker"

Why would the syndicate want to transfer cash to an underground M26 or DR guerrilla? Bribe?

Read the rules just cant comprehend

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup.

Or perhaps because the receiving Factions are less of a threat of winning than the Faction that is about to nab the Cash.

Or even as part of an arrangement for safe keeping and later return to the original owner.

(Note that transfer between Guerrillas of the same Faction is an option, so Syndicate to DR, etc., usually only comes into play when the last Syndicate Guerrilla in the space is being removed).

vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Long
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Volko for quick response, by the way great game, just trying to get use to the mechanics, working on it solo, but playing all the factions.

Great event cards...and I thought I was a student of the Cuban Revolution. Not even close. I better read a few more monographs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Heath
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game! Syndicate won my first solo game. July26 won the second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Great event cards...

Jeff came up with some great stuff. I know that I learned a lot about this story doing this design with him!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas
Greece
Patras
Achaia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm somehow confused, seems that there is something I have missed regarding Cash/Bribe. How transferring Cash is involved with Bribe? I was thinking that the Cash transferring to a Guerrilla of another faction was a part of the "Negotiations" part of the game. I'm really curious how does this Cash/Bribe works

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Juan. Bribe can remove enemy pieces. If Bribe removes pieces so as to cause any Cash to be removed, then the following rule (from 4.5.4) kicks in:

Quote:
CONTRABAND: The Syndicate player may transfer any Cash removed (4.5.2) by Bribe to any Guerrilla or cube in the space.

In short, Syndicate can use Bribe to take away somebody else's poorly protected Cash (that they have somehow previously gotten away from the Syndicate).

Hope that answers! Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas
Greece
Patras
Achaia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:
Hi Juan. Bribe can remove enemy pieces. If Bribe removes pieces so as to cause any Cash to be removed, then the following rule (from 4.5.4) kicks in:

Quote:
CONTRABAND: The Syndicate player may transfer any Cash removed (4.5.2) by Bribe to any Guerrilla or cube in the space.

In short, Syndicate can use Bribe to take away somebody else's poorly protected Cash (that they have somehow previously gotten away from the Syndicate).

Hope that answers! Volko

Yes, indeed. Thanks a lot Volko!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.