Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Patino
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules say score with number of assistant pawns in possession beyond 3 excluding ones in the courthouse. Since the end turn cleanup does not occur before end game scoring, does that mean assistant pawns played on either board count towards this score or only ones not played during the last turn and would still be located next to the player's board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does include those played on either boards, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kodiakman02 wrote:
Rules say score with number of assistant pawns in possession beyond 3...

It's actually number of pawns beyond 2. So your 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc., all count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Patino
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ben. I misquoted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Smith
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kodiakman02 wrote:
Rules say score with number of assistant pawns in possession beyond 3 excluding ones in the courthouse. Since the end turn cleanup does not occur before end game scoring, does that mean assistant pawns played on either board count towards this score or only ones not played during the last turn and would still be located next to the player's board?

GREAT question Jeff! I completely missed this part on my first read (I'm so used to going through the motions of final round & final round cleanup before the final scoring).

One might interpret this aspect to mean bonuses only apply to those kept (not used) during the round as some kind of counter-balance to the 5vp benefit for being the first to pass. My belief, though, is that you DO get the bonus points for ALL assitant pawns currently in your control. Meaning... any of those which are not stuck in the court system. I would say skipping the cleanup phase just means you can go right to end scoring without worry of cycling cards in & out, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pau RS
Spain
Girona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
today I played one 2 player Bruxelles.
We habe the same question....with the c4 End score,
with the all assistant pawns? or, only located next to the player's board in this moment?... the Rules say that in the last 5round the turn cleanup doesn't occur...so, I have 7 assistant on the board but no one next my player boad....that means 0 points in c4 score for me??

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am completely with Sheldon - points for all assistants not in the court/prison.
When I played the game I thought about the rule just some seconds and came to the result that counting only the assistants next to your player board doesn't make sense to me. Otherwise it would be completely underpowered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.