United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
MOAR GAMES
badge
Damn Dirty Ape I Love You
mbmbmbmbmb
I was sitting in corporate finance class about two weeks ago and my professor started talking about mergers, buyouts and stock prices. Essentially what I learned is that in the real world the stockholders of the companies that get bought out make a lot of money (the share prices go up), while the stockholders in the company that is doing the buyout don't make any money (their stock price does not go up, sometimes it even drops).

Having played Acquire, and being intimately familiar with the advantages of being bought out, I did very well in class that day.

I just enjoyed the fact that this relatively simple game so closely models the real world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Fortin
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I find this counter-intuitive and I always thought it was a non thematic decision taken to merely make the game "work". I never thought of checking this out. I should have known better than to doubt the great Sackson!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.