Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Underwood
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand how the Support boxes are filled with support. I see in the beginning that certain Support boxes have counters placed in them, but how and when are the Support boxes refilled? For example, the Spanish Treasury begins empty as do one or two others. How do they get filled? Have read the rules numerous times and I don't see anything about this. What am I missing?

Larry Underwood

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve E.
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New units can be placed in the support boxes as well as in territories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Underwood
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you want to place new units in the Support boxes?
Which boxes do you put them in? Is there some determining factor which directs where to place new units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lkujju wrote:
Why would you want to place new units in the Support boxes?

Because most of the Support Boxes constitute a way -sometimes the only way- to reinforce some area (or to create a beachhead there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve E.
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Units in support boxes will get you more units to place the next turn. Some support boxes allow you to pull units out as money instead of putting them on the board (in addition to the beachhead idea noted by Jan).

For the Reformers in particular, at least in the games I've played, units in support boxes are a serious threat. Reformers can use units in those boxes to sprout up all over the place.

The board specifies which factions are eligible to place units in each support box. Color-coded as well as written on the board itself, I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.