Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what is being revised in the reprint of the core set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Count Ringworm
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm guessing they'll just revise any cards with errata, as well as corrections needed in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
Does anyone know what is being revised in the reprint of the core set?

I looked around a bit, and can't find any indication that there will be any revisions. The upcoming page shows a reprint of the core set on the boat, which should hit stores ~January, but it's just a regular reprint.

With the re-release of the Clash of Arms cycle, all of the expansions and box sets (except the core) now contain 3 copies of every card, so there shouldn't be another revised edition of anything unless and until they make another major change to the system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I checked the FFG site the reprint was listed as revised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Jr. Cukingnan
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
Duck + Hat = Duck Hat
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC the revisions are all minor and don't deal with card text. Exempli gratia, making the Lannisport Brothel unique, and changing the card number of a copy of Robert Baratheon. I recall these being explicitly stated in the FAQ but considering the age, copies in circulation should already reflect these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting to note: I picked up a second core yesterday, I got my first one about two years ago. The plastic title pieces are now a grey color the original ones are a nicer silver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be neat to have 3 core sets (each with two houses, Lancaste vs. Starks and so on in pairs) and multiplayer deluxe expansion... But not likely to happen...
Relatively good card pool to each house from core set. (suitable to one an one games) And deluxe expansion that would have multiplayer rules and plot cards that are more suited to multiplayer an allso some other cards that are better in multiplayer environment.
But that would cause havok to those allready released expansions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Old Man wrote:
Interesting to note: I picked up a second core yesterday, I got my first one about two years ago. The plastic title pieces are now a grey color the original ones are a nicer silver.

That's unfortunate!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
rickert wrote:
When I checked the FFG site the reprint was listed as revised.

You sure you're not mistaking the "Updated!" banner over the picture, which indicates a change in the status ("At Printers", "On Boat", etc...) vs. an actual revised edition? I just checked, and it doesn't mention revisions on that page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I checked it have a revised banner over the corner of the photo of the game's cover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.