Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Chasteen
United States
Yorktown
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to Descent and I'm wondering if there's a lieutenant I should buy with the game? Maybe a well balanced main boss to make the overlord more fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I could only buy one - it would be Alric. Then Splig.

Do you NEED them.. ? Nope. Are they nice to have... YES.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Splig. I've been waiting for ages for him
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't buy these lieutenant packs what does the base game provide to use? That is, what do they replace?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgortner wrote:
If you don't buy these lieutenant packs what does the base game provide to use? That is, what do they replace?

A little round cardboard token that cannot capture the glory of Splig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I'd say that the best Lieutenant to get with the base game would be one of the expansion Lieutenants. Zachareth's plot deck cannot be used during the Shadow Rune campaign, and the other Agents cannot be used during certain quests.

That said, I don't know if any but the base six are out yet.

I've always been partial to Belthir, myself. No idea about his Plot Deck yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like it's just the base game ones so far, according to the FFG's release announcement from a couple days ago. If you're willing to wait, Queen Ariad looks like a total beast as an agent. If you're looking at the initial set only, I'd say go by whatever Plot Deck appeals to you most, since your access to the agents will be a bit limited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
You CAN use Zachareth's Plot Deck [Seeds of Betrayal] in the Shadow Rune Campaign, you just can't use the Summon - Zachareth Plot Card. His plot deck is arguably the best as well, some very powerful effects in it.

Agreed on Belthir being awesome. He's a really cool character, sweet model, powerful in game, and his Plot Deck [Hybrid Loyalty] is probably the second best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ant
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
I've always been partial to Belthir, myself. No idea about his Plot Deck yet.

Love Belthir! I still remember our first campaign when Belthir stood by and watched as the heroes were being pummeled (he was too honorable to join in on the beat-down).

From what I can (barely) see on the posted cards, it looks like his deck relies a lot on Basic I deck. Our new OL just ordered this Plot Deck but he's using Basic II, so we'll have to allow him to make the appropriate substitutions if he wants to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Champagne
United States
Mobile
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belthir's deck should augment your basic overlord cards from the base game quite nicely. Also, I just picked up all of the first wave of lieutenant miniatures, and Belthir definitely has the most impressive sculpt. On the whole, he's probably who you should go with.

If your group is planning on getting expansions, though, get Splig instead. Of the three expansions that have been released, Splig appears as a lieutenant in two of them, meaning his miniature will see more play if you don't spend the threat required to summon an agent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
valyndra's and bol'goreth's plotdecks are my favorites =)
Mirakle is also neat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to Descent and have the base game and Lair of the Worm expansion but haven't played yet. Which lieutenants would I need if I ran a campaign? I know there are tokens but I might want one or two figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.