Subject: Front flap of new Game Trade Magazine spoils Wave 3! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Segard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the new Game Trade Magazine in, and in the front flap you can see most of the stats for the 4 ships. I'll throw up here what I can see.

I.K.S. Somraw
3 Attack
1 Agility
3 Hull
2 Shield
Dodge, Target Lock, Scan
At least one tech upgrade, rest blocked
Each time you defend, you may convert up to 2 of your (battlestations) results into (dodge) results.

4th Division Battleship
6 Attack
0 Agility
7 Hull
5 Shield
Target Lock, Scan, Battlestations
1 Tech, 3 Weapon, 2 Crew
Each round one other friendly Jem'Hadar ship within Range 1-2 of your ship may perform an Action on their Action Bar as a Free Action

I.R.W. Gal Gath'Thong
2 Attack
2 Agility
3 Hull
2 Shield
Dodge, Target Lock, Cloak, Sensor Echo
2 Weapons, rest blocked
When initiating an attack while Cloaked, you may fire Plasma Torpedoes without needing a Target Lock.

U.S.S. Equinox
blocked attack
2 Agility
3 Hull
2 Shield
Dodge, Target Lock, Scan, Battlestations
1 Tech, 1 Weapon, 1 Crew, something blocked between crew and weapon
ACTION: Disable 1 of your Active Shields. During the End Phase this round, repair all of your damaged Shields.

Discuss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Prickett
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
4th Division Battle Ship is awesome! Can you see point costs at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on current SP-cost models of ships, I would assume that 4th Division Battleship is in the 36 SP range (2 SPs per weapon/agility/hull/shield point). That would make the Somraw and Gal Gath'thong 18 SP.

The Somraw has the same stats line as the Gr'oth. The Gal Gath'thong is the Praetus + 2 shields.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if the ability is true, I could see the Gal Goth'thong getting a lot of play time in my romulan fleet.

4th Division battle ship is going to be a beast. I hope it doesn't have a tech slot, I don't want to see that thing getting the tetryon emission upgrade from the Koranok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the Equinox' cost blocked? If not we can use that to figure the attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
Well if the ability is true, I could see the Gal Goth'thong getting a lot of play time in my romulan fleet.

4th Division battle ship is going to be a beast. I hope it doesn't have a tech slot, I don't want to see that thing getting the tetryon emission upgrade from the Koranok.

Agree that 4th Division BS is a total beast. May have to make Dominion my 2nd go-to.

Goth'thong is interesting as a replacement for Praetus, depending on which slots it has. Really like the trend of Romulans getting secondary weapons with no target lock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kay
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Romulan ship gets a tech slot, it'll be awesome. If it gets two, it'll be insanely good. Combining Interphase Generator and Advanced Weapon System would allow crazy attack shenanigans.

The Jem'Hadar Battleship is two good to ignore. Probably going to be a first target of most fleets, and with good reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be interesting to see the 4th Division Battleship combined with 3 other ships. Even if they're a bit weak, you could pose an interesting decision to your opponent on whether to go after the 3 weak ships or go after the battleship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bas Jelsma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow I love all of these! Some very interesting special skills and looking forward to all their cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Segard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dpp17 wrote:
Oh, sorry. The 4th Division Battleship is 36, the Equinox is 20. That's all I can see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bishop084 wrote:
dpp17 wrote:
Oh, sorry. The 4th Division Battleship is 36, the Equinox is 20. That's all I can see.

So that looks like Equinox @ 3 attack (3 / 2 / 3 / 2 = 10 * 2 = 20)

Edit: As pointed out later in the thread, the numbers above were based on the generic, suggesting a 2 attack rather than 3. Go to next page for more info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Segard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:

It does have a tech slot.

FortuneFavorTheBold wrote:
If the Romulan ship gets a tech slot, it'll be awesome. If it gets two, it'll be insanely good.

It has none.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
Text on the Equinox really belongs on a ship with enough shields to actually use it.

So if you have exactly one damaged shield, you can turn the other one off to regenerate it at the end of the round? As your action, no less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alepperd wrote:
Text on the Equinox really belongs on a ship with enough shields to actually use it.

So if you have exactly one damaged shield, you can turn the other one off to regenerate it at the end of the round? As your action, no less.

Yeah that seems... bad. Here's hoping the unnamed version doesn't have a shield removed and is potentially worth a keep OR there's some crazy card in the pack that is Equinox only and makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Segard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's a weird one. Basically, it has one regenerating shield per turn. It does have a tech slot, so maybe some tech will increase shields.

The Somraw is also weird, being able to convert 2 (battlestations) to (dodge) each time it defends, but with only one defense die. It basically only functions fully at range 3 right now, unless you put Sulu on it. Maybe Klingons are gonna be getting a Sulu with head ridges?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, I was hoping for a 6 attack! It's probably a waste to run Sar on that, so I guess I'll be putting Terrel in an attack ship. I really like the ability, which will hopefully make those guys a little more playable!

It's also cool to see a thematic ability that'll get plasma torpedoes into the game. I hope the Gal Gath'thong comes with a comet token.

Not sure what to make of the Equinox. It sounded cool like a way to get back in the fight if you run past the enemy after the first pass, but it should only apply in the odd case of taking only a single damage. Maybe with Kyle? Or maybe it's so you do it before being damaged by a relatively low-attack ship, suffer some hull damage, and then have your shields come back?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone notice that the Somraw would only get its full ability at range 3 or if being shot at through an obstacle. It only has one agility.

Equinox's ability seems kind of dumb. It only has 2 shields so if someone shoots both off, it is usless. It also makes no sense, because the nova class was supposed to replace the old Oberth and Miranda classes as the feds primary sscience vessels and deep space missions. A generic miranda has 2 shields and it looks like a generic nova class will only have 1. Why would they replace an old reliable work horse with a ship that has inferior shields.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bishop084 wrote:
Mr S Baldrick wrote:

It does have a tech slot.

This is not good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Segard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
Anyone notice that the Somraw would only get its full ability at range 3 or if being shot at through an obstacle. It only has one agility.
Yeah. It needs crew upgrades to really make sense.

Quote:
Equinox's ability seems kind of dumb. It only has 2 shields so if someone shoots both off, it is usless.
Well, if you keep using the action, one shield will always be disabled and unable to be shot off. Much like the Somraw, upgrades could really make it work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
Is there a scan of this somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Segard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gimme a sec.

In hindsight, that would have been a lot easier to do in the first place...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Why don't we get any good ships for romulan or federation with 5 or 6 attack? Too much love for the dominion and Klingon factions lately..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Segard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PhatRam32 wrote:
Why don't we get any good ships for romulan or federation with 5 or 6 attack? Too much love for the dominion and Klingon factions lately..

Yeah, Romulans got one 4, one 3 (unless you count the OP prize), a ONE, and now two 2s, and likely another 2 with the scout ship. I rather dislike it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice find, thanks for sharing, Bishop.

Bishop084 wrote:
Just got the new Game Trade Magazine in, and in the front flap you can see most of the stats for the 4 ships. I'll throw up here what I can see.

I.K.S. Somraw
3 Attack
1 Agility
3 Hull
2 Shield
Dodge, Target Lock, Scan
At least one tech upgrade, rest blocked
Each time you defend, you may convert up to 2 of your (battlestations) results into (dodge) results.

Like others have said, seems like this is designed to be rolling more than just the 1 agility..........and without cloak (showing at least) sounds like an Upgrade card (or two!) might be expected on this one with the function to increase defense dice.

Quote:
4th Division Battleship
6 Attack
0 Agility
7 Hull
5 Shield
Target Lock, Scan, Battlestations
1 Tech, 3 Weapon, 2 Crew
Each round one other friendly Jem'Hadar ship within Range 1-2 of your ship may perform an Action on their Action Bar as a Free Action

So as beefy as expected and helps your other Jem'Hadar ships.........yup, going to be awesome.

Quote:
I.R.W. Gal Gath'Thong
2 Attack
2 Agility
3 Hull
2 Shield
Dodge, Target Lock, Cloak, Sensor Echo
2 Weapons, rest blocked
When initiating an attack while Cloaked, you may fire Plasma Torpedoes without needing a Target Lock.

Oh neat, maybe this will be the closer to the medium ship the Romulans seem to be lacking...........and not needing to have a Target Lock for Plasma Torps? Yeah, I can find a use for that on some builds. cool

Quote:
U.S.S. Equinox
blocked attack
2 Agility
3 Hull
2 Shield
Dodge, Target Lock, Scan, Battlestations
1 Tech, 1 Weapon, 1 Crew, something blocked between crew and weapon
ACTION: Disable 1 of your Active Shields. During the End Phase this round, repair all of your damaged Shields.

Just like the Somraw seems like a agility Upgrade is likely because of it's special power.............the Equinox seems likely to have Upgrades to increase shields based on it's special power.

Looks like Wave 3 is going to be a nice one (not as good as Wave 2 is turning out though, and no issue with that).

Edit: Hun, looking at the pic it appears only the Equinox has a rear firing arc......I was thinking the I.R.W. Gal Gath'Thong would have had one as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Segard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
traitorarmor wrote:
Hun, looking at the pic it appears only the Equinox has a rear firing arc......I was thinking the I.R.W. Gal Gath'Thong would have had one as well.

Nope. Romulans remain the only faction locked into only the 90 degree forward arc on all of their ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |