Subject: contract cards scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
xaxas
Greece
athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if I score a contract card for a resource I can't score another that uses the same resource.does this rule includes the case if the other card uses the resourse plus something else?for example I score a card for rubbles.can I score then a card which need rubbles and tracks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Hammermueller
United States
Cedar Grove
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't use resources more than once. So, no, you can't use the exact same pieces of rubble on more than one contract card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xaxas
Greece
athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mean to use the same rubbles cubes I used for a contract card to score but in the case I have spare rubble cubes to use.in a previous post says that if you have all the rubble cubes you can score only one contract card for rubbles.but if a card has multiple requirements that includes a resourse you scored is it legal move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Hammermueller
United States
Cedar Grove
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can score as many contract cards as you can without using any individual resource piece more than once. From the manual: 'When counting up Rubble cubes and Ownership markers to score bonuses, you cannot score more than one Contract card with the given resources; for example, if you have laid 4 tracks and have a '4 track' and a '3 track' Contract card, you can only score one or the other, not both.

However, if you had laid 7 tracks - you could score both the 4 track and the 3 track Contract bonuses. If you grabbed 20 rubble, you can score several contract cards with rubble and/or other resource keeping in mind that each piece of rubble can only be used for one Contract card.

Contract cards are very powerful. I doubt it's possible to win without getting at least some Contracts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can score multiple contracts that might need common materials provided you have enough material; the limits are just:
- cannot reuse a material across cards (see examples above), and
- can only score a card ONCE eg. You have 16 rubble but only one contract card that needs 7 rubble. You use 7 to score the card and the rest are wasted because you don't have another card to use them on etc

Hope this is clear now :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xaxas
Greece
athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crystal clear thank all of you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xaxas wrote:
crystal clear thank all of you
Same here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, we scored our first couple of games wrong until I started going through this forum.

I think this sentence in the rulebook caused the confusion:
Scoring wrote:
...you cannot score more than one Contract card with the given resource...

Not to nitpick, but we re-read this line over and over several times to figure out what it meant. The way the sentence is structure with "the given resource" modifying the "Contract card", we interpreted it to mean the given resource requirement types on the Contract cards instead of what resources you can use. Since you had to physically move your resources onto the card anyway, it already suggests you can only use resources once.

That plus explicitly outlining all the different types of resource requirements on the Contract card bonuses suggested that you could score only one type of resource requirement Contracts; i.e., only 1 Excavate bonus, only 1 Track bonus, only 1 Track+Excavate bonus, etc.

No wonder our scores seemed to be lower than what people have been reporting here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.