Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if the component quality differs substantially between the different editions of this game?

The reason I ask is that this thread:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1044269/are-the-colors-on-th...

was never responded to (as of 11/16/13), and it made me wonder if it was true.

I would really love to get this game, and I'm just trying to figure out if there's any reason to try and acquire a specific edition.

Thanks in advance for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played both the original and the Ferti edition, I can't say that I've noticed a real colour difference. It's possible that it exists, but if it does, it's subtle enough that I've not noticed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response! I'd be happy to hear if other people have had the same experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
I have viewed all three editions up close, though never at the same time, and with many months in between... and I can't really say that there is a noticable amount of colour difference to the point where one is to be preferred over the other. Colour and amount of incident light seemed to have a much more pronounced effect, making comparisons very difficult indeed. Look at the oldest image entries for this game: those are original HiG-material exclusively, and there you can already notice a similar spread of brightness, intensity and contrast.

FWIW, I don't think it is worth your money or your time tracking down a particular edition, unless you insist on having specific variants for different player counts on 'official printed matter' that is included in the box (as opposed to printing out a BGG discussion or something similar). Then you cannot purchase the HiG-edition of course... if you could even find it, that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.