Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Proud Balmain Board Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Have just received my copy of Verona.

Now played a couple of 2-player games and it is really fun.

I did not stick the V stickers onto the disks. I had read that there is some problem with the colour variation, but that is not what prevented me from sticking them on.

Rather is was position variation. My poor hand-eye coordination makes it impossible for me to accurately centre the stickers on the tokens, leading to an obvious "marking" of the token values.

Of course, this is hardly a serious issue. I can just as well play the game without the V stickers - but does anyone have a tip as to how to get the stickers on in a more consistent fashion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the publisher mentioned that maybe he should not have made the V stickers in the first place, so probably you could play the game without them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We decided to not stick, as not only were we worried about the slight colour variation in the poison expansion, but also (and much more noticeable) the poison expansion Vs were printed off the centre of their stickers (though that may just be our copy)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't use the 'V' stickers. I don't want to mess up the centering of it for one thing, and also, the green and blue could look too similar in the wrong lighting, as only a little bit is exposed around the sticker.

I'm 'V' Sticker Free and proud
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm horrible at putting stickers on so regardless of color variation, I didn't think I could put them all on the same way. So we played without the V stickers and it plays just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those that still want to put the stickers on I recommend using some reading glasses and tweezers. The tweezers allow you to get the position right and generally turn it to get the stickers lined up straight. I had to do this with the "Village" stickers which were extremely tricky and they were clear which made it even harder.

No stickers next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tinney
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It had never occurred to me to not put the V stickers on. After having done so without the use of tweezers or good lighting, my advice is stay far, far away from the V stickers lol!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
I put them on I like them, I did it willy nilly just put them where they went, maybe not everyone's style but it's mine I like the flamboyant way it adds to the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
So what's the best way to remove stickers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

Dynamite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gar Per
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

Goo Gone. Never tried it on painted wood though, so I can't guarantee that it won't take off the paint, but I've never seen it do anything but an awesome job of getting sticker crud off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I realized what I had done after I had put on the V stickers and slapped my forehead. I plan on getting a blow dryer to heat up the sticker so that I can remove it easier. I for the life of me cannot peel any of the stickers off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Garriel
United States
Sicklerville
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I stuck and regretted it the next morning. I peeled them off with my fingernail and careful peeling. I'm pretty sure these are stained, not painted. I took the glue off with some spit and friction. If enough residue persists and marks the tokens, I'll clean them up with naptha.

A few wood fibers pulled up on the first set I did (purple). I happened to have a multi-color Sharpie marker set handy, so I just colored the entire back entirely. In the right light I can see where the glue is causing the marker ink to penetrate unevenly. I would never notice this in gameplay, and I doubt I could even recognize which one was which even after careful study.

The rest of the tokens were fine. No tear out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.