youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
lorna wrote:
Or an example of set up and play?

Done.

here's an image of the setup:

Game is played in rounds. Winner is player who wins 2 rounds or last player still in the game.

Each player receives a player card oriented to the white side [other side is red].

players decide on a starting player. [person who was last in a dungeon]

player can do one of 2 actions:
- draw
- pass

If choosing to draw, the player can choose to:
- keep the card and de-equip an equipment
- place the card facedown into the dungeon [empty space opposite the base player token]

If choosing to pass, the player cannot participate any more in that current round.

Once all players except one has passed, that player becomes the challenger and must challenge the dungeon with the base token and the remaining equipment.

Each monster deal damage to the player based on their number.

If the player survives, they win that round and taps their card to signify a first win. On a loss, the player turns over their card to show the red side. On a second win, the game ends. On a second loss, the player turns in/returns their card to the box; they are eliminated.

Tokens:

Base player - HP: 3
Armor - HP: +5
Shield - HP: +3
Torch - Protection from all monsters 3 damage or under.
Chalice - Protection from all even numbered monsters.
Lance - Protection from the Dragon [number 9]
Vorpal Sword - challenger must name a monster before entering the dungeon. that monster deals no damage to the challenger during that round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't you forgot that on the first turn, one is forced to add a monster to the dungeon ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
courtjus wrote:
Don't you forgot that on the first turn, one is forced to add a monster to the dungeon ??

I don't see this in the rules, but I may just be missing it. Could you point it out? I see nothing about being forced to place one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read that in a french interpretation of the original rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
courtjus wrote:
I've read that in a french interpretation of the original rules

Ah I see. I translated mine from the Japanese rules. That's why I was wondering if I missed it. I see nothing in the original rules about being forced to place a monster in the dungeon in the first round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel N.
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit confused about this part:

If you KEEP a monster card, and DE-EQUIP the hero, what is the purpose of the card you KEPT? Does it help you somehow in the dungeon?

Thank you, by the way, for translating. This game looks wonderful. It reminds me a bit of SKULL & ROSES, which is my group's absolute favorite. Can't wait to try this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DannyDont wrote:
I'm a bit confused about this part:

If you KEEP a monster card, and DE-EQUIP the hero, what is the purpose of the card you KEPT? Does it help you somehow in the dungeon?

Thank you, by the way, for translating. This game looks wonderful. It reminds me a bit of SKULL & ROSES, which is my group's absolute favorite. Can't wait to try this.

It helps since you don't have to fight it. You can bluff your opponents into thinking that maybe you took a powerful monster out and they can feel "safe".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you are just forced to pass if there are no cards left in the deck? So the last person left just has to face the dungeon?

Also, do you have X points of damage you can take to be successful, or for example, if you only had base hit points (3HP) and you took 3 hits, does that mean you lose?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bond8089 wrote:
I assume you are just forced to pass if there are no cards left in the deck? So the last person left just has to face the dungeon?

Also, do you have X points of damage you can take to be successful, or for example, if you only had base hit points (3HP) and you took 3 hits, does that mean you lose?

Thanks!

1. no cards left = pass
2. Yes. You need at least 1HP left to win the dungeon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.