Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does a spec card level up and how is that represented "in game"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derak Morrell
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
How does a spec card level up and how is that represented "in game"?

Thanks for the question! At the being of the game each player will get to choose a spec card (magic, ranged, or melee for good and undead, human, or demon for evil) and this card will start out in front of the player. The effect of the card is ongoing each turn.

On any of their turns during the game (when they can afford it), that player may pay the level up cost of the chosen spec. Once they pay that amount they will now have the more powerful ongoing effect for the rest of the game.

This adds a small focus for the player if they want to lean towards a certain spec, and also adds some reply to the game as you can start each game with a different character and spec.

Please let me know if this doesn't make sense. =)

I'll also address this in the rule book!

Thanks Kelly!

*Edited for clearification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes perfect sense.

For others who may not have read the rulebook yet, I just need to point out a small typo in your response that makes a big difference.

You meant to say, "...they will now have the more powerful ongoing effect for the rest of the game."

Thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.