6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Germany

Subject: Request for help in Berlin rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Carey
msg tools
Hi all!

I'm a non-German speaking tourist with a very modest budget visiting Berlin and while I'm sure there are a gazillion recommendations for Berlin gaming shops already, I was hoping you could point me in the direction of the more affordable ones...

Thank you in advance!
DD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they all offer boardgames at the same prices, so that is not really an issue.

If you want to go to a store where you can also play games with an international group of gamers, I highly recommend the Spielwiese gaming cafe (also the local hangout for Berlin designers and publishers!).

It's in the heart of Berlin's best cafe district near many of the sites (especially the East Side Gallery, the part of the Berlin Wall that remains and has been covered with painting)

You can play any of the 1000+ games on the shelves there, enjoy a beer or cappuccino and meet gamers from all over the world, some who live here and many tourists like you.

And you can buy the games there too, of course. But sometimes it's nice to try before you buy!

If I was in Berlin, I'd be happy to meet you there. Enjoy your time in my favourite city!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Carey
msg tools
Hi Jeff,
thank you so much for your advice.

Any other recs, in case I don't manage to find what I want there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe try this recent thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dumdumb wrote:
Hi Jeff,
thank you so much for your advice.

Any other recs, in case I don't manage to find what I want there?

You can write an email to Michael at the Spielwiese if you are looking for something specific. He has ordered stuff ahead of time before for people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael at the Spielwiese is terrific. +1 to Jeff's rec.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.