Subject: Info on different aspects rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Nessuno
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all...
I am most looking forward to this game..
But I am concerned about some comments about the difficulty of the game.

Like these:
Quote:
You only need to go to the locations were the odds of getting keys are high : Ruins,Mountains,Forest and you roll to get keys, to get 3 "Relics".
That's it, that's all.

or
Quote:

Neat concept with broken game balance and limited replay value.

There's not much incentive for the players to not send all four heros to the mountains on the first turn and have them stay there the entire game searching for keys.Tried it six times at home as an experiment after our group discovered this. (Using heroes with powers to boost the number of fight or elude dice rolled as tactics, E.g. Prince, Druid, Rogue.) Using this technique the heroes won by the end of fifth turn in three of the test games, the others three games were won by the heroes within 10 turns.

These comments imply that the game is broken ...

Is this true?
If not (or if there is any variant that fixes the flaw):

Give me some opinions about:
Replayability
Difficulty of winning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David van Damme
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
I have only played half a solo game (it is still sitting on the table waiting to be finished), but you will have to travel to other locations, with the keys, to get the relics. Will have to try it out to see if there are other problems with the suggested strategy.

Let's see what more experienced players have to say on this matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Nessuno
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Sabatino
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
ciao antonio io ho il gioco, ma ho fatto una sola partita in solitario e devo dire che il gioco mi è piaciuto molto. Io non trovo che sia tanto semplice trovare le tre reliquie portarle al monastero per vincere la partita visto che le ricerche non sono così scontate, che ogni turno si deve risolvere una carta evento che hai solo un'azione per turno compreso il movimento, che devi difenderti dalle piaghe presenti nel luogo altrimenti avrai dei malus, che il negromante se ti localizza (0 segretezza) è comunque un combattimento duro. inoltre oltre il 30 la traccia dell'oscurità non può andare infatti oltre escono piaghe nel monastero, ed escono piaghe nel monastero anche se nel luogo dove deve uscire ce ne sono già quattro, e considera che con 5 piaghe nel monastero il gioco è perso. inoltre c'è una variante in regolamento per aumentare la difficoltà e c'è un'espansione (che ho preso ma non ancora provato) che introduce un sistema di quest da risolvere rendendo tutto più avvincente e meno lineare.
tutto ciò penso renda il gioco non così rotto come dicono...a riprova sembra essere il gioco più venduto della vpg (a detta di un noto sito italiano di vendita gdt su mia richiesta e-mail)
ciao ci si vede sulla tana

translate: (sorry for my english, I help myself with internet translator)
hello antonio I have the game , but I did only one game in solitary and I must say that I really enjoyed the game . I do not find that it is so easy to find the three relics bring them to the monastery to win the game when the research are not so obvious, that each round you have to solve an event card that you have only one action per turn, including the movement , you have to defend yourself from the wounds at the place otherwise you will have the penalty , the necromancer if you localizes (0 secrecy ) is still a hard battle . also more than 30 trace of darkness can not go over it plagues come in the monastery , and leave wounds in the monastery even though the place where it needs to go out there are already four , and considers that with 5 sores in the monastery the game is lost. There is also a variation in regulation to increase the difficulty and there is an expansion (which I took but not yet proven ) that introduces a system of quests to solve making it more exciting and less linear .
I think all of this makes the game not so broken as they say ... a proof seems to be the best selling game of the VPG (according to a well-known Italian site sales gdt at my request e-mail)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Nessuno
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David van Damme
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
I tried it today, putting all my heroes in the forest and searching every turn. And I won. It wasn't easy mind you, I was very unlucky with the dice rolls in the beginning, failing searches, events and end of turn blight fights. But after some time I managed to find three keys and trade those in for a holy relic. At some point the necromancer joined us in the forest and was creating blight after blight. These blights have to be removed before the necromancer can be killed. In the final heroes turn the necromancer started attacking heroes with zero secrecy, here my knight destroyed the last blight with her reckless abandon tactic, next up was the wizard who managed to kill the necromancer with his fiendfire.

Conclusion: the suggested strategy worked, but it certainly wasn't an instant-win. It's much more fun to travel a bit and try to upgrade the heroes and get some nice hero-interaction going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
You are essentially correct, the search result setup may be exploited for a fast win. That's why there are multiple optional rules to make the game more difficult, such as Expert mode and the quests. I personally play with only 3 heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.