Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Mesnar
United States
Valencia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
So I bought Munchkin Legends at Target to teach my kids how to play and have some family fun. I plan to purchase 2-8 to expand the game. Also all the booster packs to really flesh it out. I guess my bigger question is, if I buy The Good The Bad The Munchkin, and say Munchkin Pathfinder, can all these other releases mix with the others? Or are they manly stand alone games to give a different feel to them. So Munchkin Conan would not mix with the rest (of the stand alone) but play out as its own stand alone Munchkin game with obviously different cards to keep it fresh?

Man this was tough to put into words, hope that made some sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper B. Hansen
Denmark
København
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, Munchkin Games can all mix together.

Although I prefer not to mix Difference core sets. I like it when more, when I keep to one set at a time, because then, the flavor and theme gets stronger.

Also, the decks can get diluted if you mix lots of different sets.

Eksample. You get a weapon that can only be used by an Elf. But it will take forever to see an Elf card, if you play with both Legends, Good, Bad, Munchkin, Conan and what not .

Also some sets mix´es better than others .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Mesnar
United States
Valencia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ahh OK, so maybe what I will do then is focus on boosters and the 2-8 main expansions. From there I can always add a different core set to play stand alone and just mix up the boostes and expansions to that set to flesh it out more.

Thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Da Senzai wrote:
Yes, Munchkin Games can all mix together.

Although I prefer not to mix Difference core sets. I like it when more, when I keep to one set at a time, because then, the flavor and theme gets stronger.

Also, the decks can get diluted if you mix lots of different sets.

Eksample. You get a weapon that can only be used by an Elf. But it will take forever to see an Elf card, if you play with both Legends, Good, Bad, Munchkin, Conan and what not .

Also some sets mix´es better than others .

I have to disagree (somewhat).

I do think that mixing all sets doesn't necessarily work terribly well, depending on what you're expecting (though it can definitely be fun, you'll often have issues using -only equipment). I'm not against mixing all sets, but there are definitely some drawbacks.

If you mix just two different sets, you can make some neat combinations. (For example, if you're a Firefly fan, mixing Star Munchkin and The Good, the Bad, and the Munchkin gives you a good space cowboy feel.) There are some interesting combinations of sets, if you mix just a few.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Diehl
United States
Junction City
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
The eerie war chant emanating from the morning fog set chills down every spine. "Lah, lah, la lah, lah, lah."
mbmbmbmbmb
What we do when we want to play multiple sets, is have 2 door decks and 2 treasure decks. One for each set we're using. That lets us choose which deck we want to focus on on our particular turns but it still allows the mixture to happen. We always play the sped up version where you start with 4 and 4 cards. Those are split evenly between the 2. All treasure rewards are split between the 2 as well.

We play the Firefly version as mentioned above and every Halloween we play Bites + Zombies. (Before Zombies came out it was Bites and Munchkinthulu). I also enjoy mixing Impossible with Super or Impossible with Fu.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mez2112 wrote:
So I bought Munchkin Legends at Target to teach my kids how to play and have some family fun. I plan to purchase 2-8 to expand the game.

Why not also get the original Munchkin to complete the set? Munchkin Legends is different from Munchkin the base game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Ryder
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mixing sets completely works...I always recommend folks get Munchkin 7: Cheat With Both Hands if they plan on set mixing. It's car mix is for this very purpose. If you want to set mix pick it up early on as you begin expanding your collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kunst
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fargy wrote:
Mez2112 wrote:
So I bought Munchkin Legends at Target to teach my kids how to play and have some family fun. I plan to purchase 2-8 to expand the game.

Why not also get the original Munchkin to complete the set? Munchkin Legends is different from Munchkin the base game

Only by theme. The contents (classes, races, etc) are the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.