Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Anders
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game of Druid Vs. Necromancer last night.

The expansion is fantastic. The mages take more thought to play well, but the modest increase in complexity makes the game far, far more interesting and challenging. The Necromancer can dramatically change the course of the game and the Druid can present his opponent with a frightening wall of potential opponents.

I'm not sure how much the expansion adds to the Beastmaster (though the Raptor is a great addition for him), but I think it does great things for the Warlock (I'm tempted to build a spell book for an evil Wizard, too).

Loved it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kidd
United States
Thomasville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it adds a lot to the Beastmaster. Put together an Etherian Life Tree, a Meditation Amulet, and a good old fashioned Lair and you can have a pretty deadly swarm. Especially with the Straywood Beastmaster's innate Quick Summoning ability.

I would love to hear a session report though of your play through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noodles
United States
greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
I played my first game and it went 8 hours. Granted there was some analysis paralysis but even so, it was a bit long. I'm convinced I was playing wrong but honestly I don't think I was. My typical games are about 1-2 hours.

Regardless, I love the new cards and these two mages are very interesting to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
8 hours!?! What was the matchup? Were you using the starter spellbooks? That just seems preposterously long. My first game with the expansion took roughly an hour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noodles
United States
greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
sdougla2 wrote:
8 hours!?! What was the matchup? Were you using the starter spellbooks? That just seems preposterously long. My first game with the expansion took roughly an hour.

Yes, starter spellbooks. I was the Druid and my friend was the Necromancer. I agree, it was ridiculously long. As I stated earlier, my typical games last 1-2 hours, sometimes as little as 45 minutes. I'm not sure what we did wrong but we must've been doing something wrong.

My friend is one of those who analyzes every decision to death and is just notoriously slow but still, even so it shouldn't have gone more than 2-3 hours. Anyways, for our next game we will create custom decks and I'm sure everything will go back to normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.