Subject: Bid for Position (each financial period) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The main issue that I have with this game is that the first players to start each round have too big an advantage over the other players.

For instance in a 4 player game, where one of the stocks has reached a maximum price of 30 the first player can sell one stock for 28. Player 2 can sell a stock for 26, Player 3 can sell for 24 and 22 and player 4 for a mere 20 and 18.

A better option would be to do away with the first player buy/sell 1 stock option altogether and have all 4 players bid for positional play in each of the 3 financial periods.

Each player starting with the normal starting player would make a bid or pass. All other players must either raise the bid or pass. As soon as a player passes they take the lowest position available (i.e. beginning with 4th in a 4 player game) and deduct their last bid from their score.

For example Player A bids 5; player B bids 6; player C passes and takes 4th position at no charge; Player D bids 7; Player A now passes and pays 5 for 3rd position; Player B raises his bid to 10; Player D passes and pays 7 for 2nd place. Finally Player A pays 10 for 1st postion and leads off by selling two shares for 28 and 26.

The first player could sell 2 shares for 54 (28+26) compared to player 4 who may only get 30 (16+14). So bidding for player 1 could be worth paying anything up to 24 in this scenario.

The procedure of bidding for places is also repeated at the start of each of the the three financial periods.

The game will be a little longer but it will be a great deal more balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this idea. I'll give it a try the next time this game hits the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.