Subject: When/Where can I buy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Chandler
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the kickstarter, but ran across Study in Emerald in the comments about Witches. Does anybody know when the game will be made available for the rest of us to buy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, apart from a handful of retailers who may have picked up a few copies for resale at Essen, the only way to buy this will be directly from the Treefrog website - that is what the KS pitch stated anyway. A few US sellers may have picked up 6 or 10 packs for sale from the KS campaign as well.

At the moment Treefrog have not got in on the website for direct sale as they have had distribution problems and they are trying to ensure KS backers get their copies first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grab
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From Treefrogs page: http://www.treefroggames.com/

Some shops that got it at Essen and Kickstarter might have it, other than that - it might come out in 2015, it's not certain though.

Edit: ninja by V, so it's an honour. And I'm wrong about the game being sold at Treefrogs page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to be available here:

http://www.leisuregames.com/acatalog/A-Study-In-Emerald-tree...

But at £49 I think I'll skip for now. It looks interesting, but not must-have, and that price is strictly limited to my "must-have" selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Anthes
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I KickStarted a 6-pack and plan to eBay a few copies, if and when I ever get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam 'Fenn' Fenton
Scotland
Falkirk
flag msg tools
200 Geekgold and all I got was this lousy Overtext
badge
Oooh - I got this Overtext too!
mbmbmbmbmb
Beloch wrote:
Seems to be available here:

http://www.leisuregames.com/acatalog/A-Study-In-Emerald-tree...

But at £49 I think I'll skip for now. It looks interesting, but not must-have, and that price is strictly limited to my "must-have" selection.

I'm tempted to buy a copy, just to see if I get it before my 'early bird' (which is apparently going to ship in the next week...??)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spiral Galaxy (the new distributor) have said it will take them a week to clear the Witches before they start shipping ASiE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there going to be a U.S. release or do I bite a very expensive bullet and order from an International source?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no general US (or anywhere) retail release for the near future, however, I'm sure there will be a few US retailers who have bought 6 or 10 packs as part of the KS campaign and will therefore be selling the game in very limited quantities - plus a few private purchasers/sellers, like Chris above.

Apart from Treefrog themselves, the only international sellers you are likely to see selling the game are going to be those who have also bought muti-packs from KS, and they will be in the same boat as the US sellers above but with the disadvantage for yourself of international postage.

So you either try and strike early and buy a limited availability US copy (undoubtedly with a generous mark-up), or, strike now and buy a limited availability international copy (with similar mark-up and hefty shipping tag), or, wait for Treefrog (who are still experiencing distribution limbo in terms of getting KS backers their copies) and trust their shipping is not too expensive, or, wait for the general retail reprint in 2015.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there for sure going to be a retail reprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Moore
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They haven't actually started selling ASiE yet correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fourltrman wrote:
They haven't actually started selling ASiE yet correct?

Correct in that Treefrog have not yet started selling it direct from their website - I believe they will as soon as they have cleared the backlog of UK (and global 'earlybird' orders) at their replacement UK fulfilment company - the first one completely underperformed. From KS updates and info from the new fulfilment co on another thread, I suspect this will still take a couple of weeks - although I suppose Treefrog may take orders ahead of that, when they are certain the dispatch backlog is definitely under control.

I think a future reprint and full retail release was expressed as 'not available until at least 2015' - which could imply 'not at all' I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House Rules
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Don't follow me! I'm lost.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just put up a copy at the Jack Vasel auction. Number 707 on page 29. I don't have it yet but will ship the minute I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.