Greg Burkett
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that we've got all 6 adventure packs for this cycle, where do you think they rate? Which do you think is the most difficult (and I'm definitely including the quests in HoN in the discussion). Which do you enjoy playing the most?

Personally, I feel like "Seige of Cair Andros" is the toughest scenario.. Man that one is a complete back-breaker, especially solo. Most enjoyable for me is probably The Blood of Gondor, or perhaps Morgul Vale. Lots of fun tension and combat in both of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't Morgul Vale yet ... from the others I enjoyed almost everyone apart from stewards fear wich I did not like much. BUT I managed to win all of them with a solo mono tactics deck, which IMO means that the quests were not that hard for solo.

Blood of Gondor, Siege of Cair Andros and Encounter at Amon Din where the ones I enjoyed most double (I did not play Into Ithilien double, only solo and won easily)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
I think peril in Pelagrir, Amon din and Druadan forest is not so good scenarios…..all other is ok. Some of them a very good like Steward fear blood of gondor and morgue vale + into ithilien and siege of CD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ys jo
msg tools
Peril at Pelargir - It was okay... but Elcaron's Scroll bugs the crap out of me; why would you make it so that protecting the scroll only brings negative effects and ditching the scroll nulls those negative effects without punishment.

Into Ithilien - Once again, this quest bugs me in a way that killing off Objective Ally actually makes the quest easier than the alternative. But I do enjoy the quest very much occasionally when I want to torture my brain; has high difficulty but is not quite as difficult as Dol Guldur and tactical decisions in game can mitigate most brutal effects.

Siege of Cair Andros - One of my favourites from this Delux+Cycle. It bugs me a little that you can exploit stage 1 of the game, but I had so much fun prior to finding out that my opinion of this quest didin't really change much.

Steward's Fear - had one too many things to remember for me

Druadan Forest - being mostly solo player, the quest felt bit too easy

Encounter at Amon Din - great theme, I especially like the part where undefended attacks end up killing rescued villagers.... it probably represents hero's failure to stop Orcs from massacring the poor people but I always prefered to imagine heroes throwing villagers at enemy's face to avoid taking damage.

Assault on Osgiliath - This could be a fun quest, but obvious design flaw that could grant first turn win in solo or 2 player game turned me off. (I know you can choose not to exploit this, but knowing it could be done was enough)

Blood of Gondor - Haven't played it enough to have valid opinion, but my first impression after few plays is that this quest is fun and enjoyable.

Morgul Vale - Don't have it yet.... I want it so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
I still haven't played the last two. But the only great disappointment (including its player cards, the Outlands) was Steward's Fear. That one has the most terrible set-up with so many different decks, and is tedious to death.

Heirs of Númenor were very refreshing, innovative.

Drúadan Forest and Assault on Osgiliath are both great for coop.

Amon Dín is quite easy but still good, especially for beginners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.