Subject: Quiraa rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thos card is very confusing to me.

The card says:
Choose a character card. Its controller must remove all tokens from it, otherwise may not perform any action with it for the rest of the round.

To me, this means that he must remove all the tomens and if he for some reason is unable to do it, he gets doesnt get to perform any action with it for the rest of the round.

Howver, the rules clarification says:
If the controller of e targeted card chooses not to remove his tokens from it, place the quiraa token pn the chosen card as a reminder.

This suddenæy implies that he has a choice. But why does the card then say must?nd why would he choose to remove the tokens (if he does, he still doesnt get to act with that card so it seems much better to nearly always choose the penalty).
I am guessing that the last interpretation wit the choice is what is meant, but I really think tht the card should have said something about choosing instead of that he must remove all tokens from it.

Also it seems like a choice where the one option is almost always better. Sure, you could construct a situation where he would like to remove his tokens to maybe influece that character again and use its ability, but to me, it doesnt seem that likely.

Sorry for the rant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros
Greece
Thessaloniki (mostly), Trikala (sometimes), Meteora (at least once per Trikala trip), Athens (whenever possible), -how many more characters does it accept? Impressive! so I'm moving on with my list- Koromilia, Kavourotripes, Samothraki, Jogja, Bruxelles..
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In strategic thinking the best choice is defined by the situation. By not removing your tokens from the card, you make it unavailable for other players, reserve the right to influence from it during the next round and also keep your player tokens in the game. On the other hand, if it's early in a late round you may need the tokens for other actions, remove them to retake the card in the same round and use its ability or use them on other characters that may provide you with extra actions. So depending on the situation either option can be the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so you can choose what to do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
EU-friendly Kickstarters rule!
badge
"The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be good to get word from the designers - it might be an artifact of the Greek-English translation. I remember getting into a (friendly) fight over at the comments section of the KS because of that - a nuance in meaning which was clear in Greek but confusing in English.

I think that having the token more or less warrants that there should indeed be a choice - as the OP points out, if you had to remove your tokens no matter what, the token is useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babis Giannios
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can choose what to do.
There is a type of characters that give you a choice.
I don't know how it sounds, but this 'must' is initially intended to actually give you a choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.