Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Monika Żabicka
Poland
Wodzisław Śl.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
End of the game scoring
1. Gold - "First, convert treasure chests and one-time (1x) progress tokens that grant gold into gold on their owners' gold tracks."

Well, what I'm concerned about is the missing phrase "which haven't been converted yet". If I converted a chest and/or a progress token into gold earlier in the game, I don't do it again during the scoring, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph M.
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you convert a treasure chest, you put it back into supply, so you cannot convert it again since you don't have it anymore.
When you convert a progress token, you turn it upside down, so you cannot convert it again since it is no longer available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Veridiana wrote:
End of the game scoring
1. Gold - "First, convert treasure chests and one-time (1x) progress tokens that grant gold into gold on their owners' gold tracks."

Well, what I'm concerned about is the missing phrase "which haven't been converted yet". If I converted a chest and/or a progress token into gold earlier in the game, I don't do it again during the scoring, right?

Definition;

con·vert (kn-vûrt)
v. con·vert·ed, con·vert·ing, con·verts

v.tr.
1. To change (something) into another form, substance, state, or product; transform: convert water into ice.

If a chest has been converted to gold, then it is no longer a chest but 3 gold. The rules are quite clear. You cannot logically deduce that the process can happen a second time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monika Żabicka
Poland
Wodzisław Śl.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, got it. thanks :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.