Popular Tags: [View All]
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure there's a better name for it than "attack roll threshold", but that's the best I can do.

So, I played the game for the first time this past weekend. I slogged through the rules (painful! angry ) and finally figured it out good enough to give it a play with my son. I chose the wizard, and got him elevated to the point that he got to roll 5 dice. But, even when rolling 5 dice, it's difficult to get two dice to add up to 3 or less when I'm not allowed to use magic. Am I missing something? How do I boost that number?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Defense
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you're missing anything ... the wizard is tough to play with when you can't use magic attacks ... you really need to go to the weapons trainer as soon he's located, the trainers add to your base number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robbydee wrote:
I don't think you're missing anything ... the wizard is tough to play with when you can't use magic attacks ... you really need to go to the weapons trainer as soon he's located, the trainers add to your base number.

Wait, maybe that's what I'm missing. If you go to the trainer, I thought I got to add a new little cube. Do they instead increase my "3" to a "4", and so on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is actually making more sense. That's why it's harder to increase that number the larger it gets.

Ok, so, is this also what those little cardboard number chits are for? I cover my former base number ("3") with the new one ("5")?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Crawford
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was my greatest confusion about the game too when I first got it (Read my now embarrassing review).

The little cardboard chits are your base skill number. You are supposed to change the number anytime you get a plus one to your stat. This happens through the weapons and through the trainers.

I play a lot of Talisman and the number one rule there is to never add the weapons and followers bonuses to your strength/craft. So it was hard for me to change my thinking. If you get any item that adds, go ahead and use the chits to change it. Just remember that if you lose the item, you also have to subtract from your skill.

That's my long way of saying if you ever see a +1 it's to that base number. Otherwise they'll use the little cube picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.