Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The peg stand attachment point on my Firespray broke. I have some of the small 1/8 x 1/16 rare earth magnets coming, would they be strong enough to hold the ship up if I glue one to the ship and one to a trimmed peg? Or would simply gluing the peg into the model be my best bet?

I might use this as an opportunity to try my hand at custom painting, if all else fails.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would advise against gluing, only because you can break it down for transportation. I think if you stick a few rare earths, it will be strong enough to hold, but probably not one. The Firespray is pretty big and heavy for just 1 magnet. I suggest you to email FFG and try to get a replacement from them. It may be easier that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mork Toblerone
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NeoGenesisX wrote:
I would advise against gluing, only because you can break it down for transportation. I think if you stick a few rare earths, it will be strong enough to hold, but probably not one. The Firespray is pretty big and heavy for just 1 magnet. I suggest you to email FFG and try to get a replacement from them. It may be easier that way.

I second that; I have not had any dealings with FFG specifically, but my experience with other companies has been that they respond very quickly and positively to such inquiries. If you emailed them, they'd probably drop a peg in an envelope and mail it to you right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Graffam
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When this happens, I just cut the top off another peg and superglue a peg in place permanently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the piece of plastic attached to the ship that the peg plugs in to, they would have to just send a new ship. While it wouldn't hurt to ask, I don't know that it is fair to get a new ship because I (my friend, actually, who was playing for the first time and didn't know how the pegs attach) broke it. I tried to remove the rest of the plastic, as the ship has the same shape slot as the peg, but it was glued in too solidly.

DagobahDave wrote:
When this happens, I just cut the top off another peg and superglue a peg in place permanently.

I will probably do this. One length of peg will still tuck under the ship so it should still be able to lay flat in a container.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
monkeykins wrote:
It is the piece of plastic attached to the ship that the peg plugs in to, they would have to just send a new ship.

If we're talking about the same piece, it actually might not be glued in all that solidly--the "receiver" for the pegs is a separate piece from the ship itself, and I've actually had it come completely out of both of my Firesprays.

If I were in your situation, I would definitely e-mail FFG's customer service and describe exactly what happened. They might actually send you a replacement ship, particularly if you're willing to mail in the "broken" one. Otherwise, I'd very carefully drill out the broken peg and then just epoxy a new peg into the drilled space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are thinking of the same piece, and it was in there very solidly. I've had them come out of other ships, that is where I got the idea, but no luck with this one. I'll try an email, certainly can't hurt. But I am strongly leaning toward attaching the new peg, especially as I have already drilled out most of the old peg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.