Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Trains should be arriving this morning and cannot wait to play it.

Which side of the game board do board game geekers prefer to play on, Osaka or Tokyo. Osaka looks more fun to me, but let me know what your thoughts are!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ward Bonte
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Both are fun for me, they give another experience, also try out the many maps here on bgg for more diversion

have been playing this one a lot with the spouse,
great game !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Saya
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer the Osaka board, where the two major cities are on opposite ends of the map rather than bunched together (Tokyo).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I prefer the Osaka board, where the two major cities are on opposite ends of the map rather than bunched together (Tokyo).

That's interesting and I have not played enough to notice that. It seems to me one of the most interesting parts of the game is trying to build into a city where someone has already built towers to grab more points. That would tend to favor more interesting play if the big cities are closer together, but I really hadn't paid that much attention to the differences in the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusing Manifestation
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the Osaka map, the two big cities are on opposite sides of the board making it difficult to go for both, but there's that really appealing cluster of 3 locations in the middle that will often be a meeting point for players.

That said, I prefer the Osaka side because I've been to about half the locations listed on it, and I have some bad memories of trying to navigate the Tokyo subways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.