Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Dust» Forums » Variants

Subject: Thoughts about Mechs tactical value raised to 2 - looking for input. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gone through the game and can see how every piece has a use that seems to match it's cost except perhaps for the Mech.

I always look for the simplest fix to any problem and for this game it seems that raising the mechs tactical value to 2 would improve any army's ability to strike first and increase the need for a mech(s) in an army mix.

This change may help make the mech a bit more unique and would thematically suggest that the mech is a tactically superior presence on the battle field (against both land and air for example).

I'm looking for reasons this might not be a good idea, or support if it is.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Banjo John
Denmark
flag msg tools
Honestly, I'm having a hard time imagining that raising the tactical value from 1 to 2 would improve the game at all. Mechs may not the best unit in the game (at all), but with a tactical value of 2 and still at cost of 5, they would be too powerful in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artemus Maximus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree. You'd have to increase their cost too, else you'd have a mech war.

Some people prefer reducing their production cost to 4 - i would suggest trying that to see if that gives you the effect you want. I personally think 5 is justified, because of the increase in Supremacy.

But that does just give me an idea - Elite Units.
Maybe limit 1 General/Admiral per Land/Air/Sea (paint to distinguish somehow). Increased production cost + increased supremacy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Though I like the idea of a mech war (and how awesome that might sound), I am thankful for the input - I will have to see what works, maybe starting with a mech cost of 4.

I really like the idea of a leader mech for all players to access. I'll have to toy with the idea.

Killer Spaceman wrote:

But that does just give me an idea - Elite Units.
Maybe limit 1 General/Admiral per Land/Air/Sea (paint to distinguish somehow). Increased production cost + increased supremacy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WARNER AIREY
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My feeling is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.