Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Kornhaus
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a couple of poster-sized prints for PnP and re-themes printed by Zazzle and have been very please with the quality.

Through Thursday they are offing 60% off posters among other discounts.

www.zazzle.com

Use code HOLIDAYCOUNT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Also a must for High Frontier fans. So much more satisfying to fly on a poster map of the solar system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Long
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
It'd be nice to get a good list of ideas for board game related things to get printed with this discount.

I know there is a board someone designed for Eclipse that I'd like to get a print of. Other ideas would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shalom Craimer
Israel
Givat Zeev
(Near Jerusalem)
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Octavian wrote:
Also a must for High Frontier fans. So much more satisfying to fly on a poster map of the solar system.

Absolutely. Sadly, I had just ordered mine a couple months ago when the discount was only 30%

(The 60% discount makes it totally viable to order the canvas version. Oh well cry)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
scraimer wrote:
(The 60% discount makes it totally viable to order the canvas version. Oh well cry)
I knows, I just ordered me the 60x40 canvas devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
Japan
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
scraimer wrote:
(The 60% discount makes it totally viable to order the canvas version. Oh well :cry:)
I knows, I just ordered me the 60x40 canvas :devil:

What are the advantages of canvas over poster paper? It seems to me that it would be harder to lay canvas flat. Also what about the print detail quality? I want to get the Colonization map so any advice you can give would be much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:

Out of curiosity, why do you prefer the poster map over the mounted boards? Is it that it is all one piece?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
rlux202 wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:
scraimer wrote:

What are the advantages of canvas over poster paper? It seems to me that it would be harder to lay canvas flat. Also what about the print detail quality? I want to get the Colonization map so any advice you can give would be much appreciated.
The canvas is heavier, more durable and virtually tear proof. The detail is great in my opinion. There are photos of the canvas map somewhere on this site. The 36x24 is the perfect size to play on as it mimics the boards but in one piece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
looleypalooley wrote:
Octavian wrote:

Out of curiosity, why do you prefer the poster map over the mounted boards? Is it that it is all one piece?

All one piece is certainly a plus, but the biggest reason is size. I like having a map of the solar system that is huge, and the map I have is significantly larger than the boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
looleypalooley wrote:
Octavian wrote:

All one piece is certainly a plus, but the biggest reason is size. I like having a map of the solar system that is huge, and the map I have is significantly larger than the boards.

Which option of paper/finish do you have and recommend? The "canvas" can get quite pricey...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McBride
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rlux202 wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:
scraimer wrote:

Emphasis mine. I would like to know this too. I wont be shelling out this big bucks for canvas, but would consider paying the extra $13 it takes to get from Value Poster Paper to Archival Poster Paper. Is it worth it? My main concern is durability not color reproduction. Which one is closest in quality to GMT's paper maps?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
looleypalooley wrote:

Which option of paper/finish do you have and recommend? The "canvas" can get quite pricey...

ninja I have the canvas one modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
looleypalooley wrote:

ninja I have the canvas one modest

Me thinks you are an HF fan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
Japan
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
rlux202 wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:
scraimer wrote:
(The 60% discount makes it totally viable to order the canvas version. Oh well :cry:)
I knows, I just ordered me the 60x40 canvas :devil:

The canvas is heavier, more durable and virtually tear proof. The detail is great in my opinion. There are photos of the canvas map somewhere on this site. The 36x24 is the perfect size to play on as it mimics the boards but in one piece.

I'm sold. Thanks everyone. Merry Xmas to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.