Kris Wiggins
United States
Kingwood
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Uh! It's this darn dice tower!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got in a demo of EH on Sunday and loved it! One reason I liked it so much were the character abilities and increased opportunities for player interaction (as opposed to AH, even with the Relationship cards from Lurker). Has anyone else noticed that there is a lot more interaction between players, or is it just me?

For instance, ...I don't remember who it is, but someone was able to generate a clue token on their turn as an action. I was playing Jacqueline Fine and was able to take those clue tokens using my psychic powers, and then give them (on a later turn) to some else that might need them. That's one example of how the players seem to have more ways to find synergy amongst themselves and truly work together in a way that is somewhat lacking in AH in my experience. Agree? Disagree?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, most of the investigators have abilities that help others and can often make up for their deficits. Plus, anyone with good influence can acquire assets with the intent to trade them to others, or they can help others discard their debt condition.

Also, a lot of the spells are highly interactive, allowing you to move other investigators, improve their skills, give them blessings, or prevent damage and sanity loss.

There's a ton of ways that someone can play the "support" role either through influence or magic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Venable
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
admin
Literally, "Game Voice." I am a voice actor for video games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely agree. That's the kind of stuff that our demo group loved yesterday. They were mostly AH fans that were constantly quipping about cool differences between the games.

Anyways, yes. Lots more opportunity for interaction, especially if certain combinations of investigators make it to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup! Noticed this during beta test. You;re thinking of Trish Scarborough (spy; clue generator) and Jacqueline Fine (psychic; clue re-distributor). A good receiver of clues from Jacqueline is Norman Withers (astronomer), who can use two clues to discard a monster off a gate.

Diana Stanley also good monster "snow plow".

Charlie Kane (politician) very powerful as team "quartermaster", since he can pass purchases to any investigator, co-located or not.

If you need some one to buff up skills quickly, Lily Chen (martial artist) goes up two levels instead of one, while Lola Hayes (actress) can exchange bonuses between skills.

Going up against GOO with encounters in a particular type of terrain? Then you need Leo Anderson (explorer) for Wilderness, Silas Marsh (sailor) for Sea or Jim (musician; blanking on last name) for City.

Need to travel fast - Silas gets extra Sea move while Akachi Onolye (Shaman) can go to any gate or clue after successful Otherworld encounter, IIRC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, does Jim Culver get a bonus in cities? We might have overlooked that ( twice). He did seem kind of weak compared to others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tsui
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love that spell that lets you bless an investigator in your space. First you bless the person with the spell to make sure future rolls are easier, then go around and bless other people.

If only you could do it twice a turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
Wait, does Jim Culver get a bonus in cities? We might have overlooked that ( twice). He did seem kind of weak compared to others.
All investigators on his space receive a bonus die during Combat encounters. The Urban Guide asset grants a bonus die in City spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta agree. In our game seven pcharacters huddled in Buenos Aires until Jim Culver gave everyone a sanity point back (by playing his horn?), then all together boarded ship towards a newly-risen island in the pacific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Wiggins
United States
Kingwood
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Uh! It's this darn dice tower!
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
Jim Culver gave everyone a sanity point back (by playing his horn?)

Music Therapy! haha My wife and I got a chuckle out of that. She's a music therapist and they use music medically I guess you'd say to do a variety of things, like help people in physical therapy situations, hospice care, and even to help people with mental illnesses. Playing music and writing songs can help people work out their emotional issues.

Anyway, I can attest that Jim Culver's ability is entirely thematic and legit. haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
krakrs wrote:
chicklewis wrote:
Jim Culver gave everyone a sanity point back (by playing his horn?)

Music Therapy! haha My wife and I got a chuckle out of that. She's a music therapist and they use music medically I guess you'd say to do a variety of things, like help people in physical therapy situations, hospice care, and even to help people with mental illnesses. Playing music and writing songs can help people work out their emotional issues.

Anyway, I can attest that Jim Culver's ability is entirely thematic and legit. haha

Though in the game I think it's supposed to be magical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.