Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

Not sure who's following these posts, but I appreciate anyone who has taken an interest in Royal Strawberries (especially those who had a chance to play it's final version at the Boston Festival of Indie Games this past September).

I had promised to upload the newest version of the rules and print-and-play files so that my fellow geeks could get a chance to play the game for themselves and decide (on their own) how good it is. I'd still like to give people that chance, but at the moment I need to wait and finish some conversations with publishers.

You see, Royal Strawberries has moved beyond development and is now going through its final stages of playtesting. The Game Maker's Guild (located here in Boston) has participated in a lot of those playtesting sessions, but also several local groups, avid local gamers, and board game design groups outside of the state (I'm looking at you, BOGA DaP). It's been great, and I look forward to sending copies of Royal Strawberries to other guilds/groups for further blind playtesting feedback.

Beyond that, I need to respect the interests of the publishers who are investigating the game and deciding whether they are interested in it (and that includes not making the IP readily available for people to download). If I end up partnering with a publisher to get Royal Strawberries made, I would still like to make print-and-play copies available (because I support the hobby and want to give back to the community), but I'd have to okay it with the publisher.

NOW. All that said, if I decide to launch a kickstarter campaign and release the Royal Strawberries through Broomstick Monkey Games, LLC (my game company), I would not have to worry about offending other publishers and would then zip over here to post the files and allow folks to try Royal Strawberries for themselves. Till that decision is made, though, I'll be putting a moratorium on files that are posted in public spaces. If you're interested in playing the game (and are willing provide some feedback), you're welcome to contact me directly and I'll see about hooking you up with the PnP files.

I'm hoping to get the publishing situation resolved soon, but it likely won't get resolved until this summer at the earliest. For those that are waiting for the PnP files, I appreciate your patience during this interim period, and I look forward to following up with more info about the fate of Royal Strawberries.

Thank you for your interest -- the game has really transformed into something sublime, and I am extremely eager to get it into the hands of my fellow Board Game Geeks.

All the best,
Justin Call
Broomstick Monkey Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those still following along, Broomstick Monkey Games formally incorporated (in addition to myself, we now have three other partners) and we will be taking Royal Strawberries to Kickstarter in the Fall of 2015. In the meantime, we are releasing the prequel to Royal Strawberries... Imperial Harvest! This is essentially a smaller version of Royal Strawberries with different characters, no royal bazaar, and a new map designed specifically for team games. You can play Imperial Harvest 1v1, 2v2, etc. and it scales very well (just add an additional copy of the game for every new pair of players).

Thanks again to those that have been following this page. After Imperial Harvest, we will launch a second kickstarter for a card game featuring artwork from the world of Royal Strawberries...and then we'll be back to this gem of a game. If you have played an older version of Royal Strawberries, I encourage you to try to the new PnP when we post it, as everything has been significantly improved and streamlined to provide for optimal player enjoyment. Likewise, please check out the link to Imperial Harvest, download the game, and support us when we bring it to Kickstarter this coming February.

Finally, for any that will be attending BGG.con this November, we will be demoing our preview copies of Imperial Harvest at the convention and handing out promo cards to any that sign up for our mailing list and/or play the game at the convention (2 unique promos if you do both).

Cheers, and thanks again for your support.
Justin Call
Broomstick Monkey Games
www.broomstickmonkey.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.