Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm looking for someone who is close to a Microcenter computer and electronics store in the USA to do me a favour.

I'm in Canada and doing some online Christmas shopping for a computer upgrade for my son and came across this good deal online:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/413248/Core_i7_4770K_35GH...#

Problem is you have to go to the store itself and the deal isn't available online.

I need an honest BGG member here (preferably with some trading feedback or reference from somewhere) to pick it for me at the store.

I'll send you the money by Paypal before you go to buy the item. I just need someone who is willing to go and pick it up... hopefully someone who wouldn't have to go out of their way too far obviously and maybe is thinking about going there anyway would be ideal.

Maybe a bit of an odd request... but it's a great community here and I've had nothing but good experiences here with any dealings so hopefully someone can help me out.

I have positive feedback here on BGG... on EBay and on another auction site in NZ where I used to live (1000+ positive feedbacks).

Thanks in advance to anyone that might want to help me out with this.

I know my son would really appreciate this as he's basically plugging away with a 6+ year old system currently and this would obviously be part of a massive upgrade for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
nexttothemoon wrote:
I'm looking for someone who is close to a Microcenter computer and electronics store in the USA to do me a favour.

I'm in Canada and doing some online Christmas shopping for a computer upgrade for my son and came across this good deal online:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/413248/Core_i7_4770K_35GH...#

Problem is you have to go to the store itself and the deal isn't available online.

I need an honest BGG member here (preferably with some trading feedback or reference from somewhere) to pick it for me at the store.

I'll send you the money by Paypal before you go to buy the item. I just need someone who is willing to go and pick it up... hopefully someone who wouldn't have to go out of their way too far obviously and maybe is thinking about going there anyway would be ideal.

Maybe a bit of an odd request... but it's a great community here and I've had nothing but good experiences here with any dealings so hopefully someone can help me out.

I have positive feedback here on BGG... on EBay and on another auction site in NZ where I used to live (1000+ positive feedbacks).

Thanks in advance to anyone that might want to help me out with this.

I know my son would really appreciate this as he's basically plugging away with a 6+ year old system currently and this would obviously be part of a massive upgrade for him.

Dammit...

I used to live by the Philadelphia/St. Davids one...

... not anymore...

sorry.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Here's a list of their store locations from their website if anyone needs a reference:

California
• Orange County/Tustin
Colorado
• Denver/Denver Tech Center
Georgia
• Greater Atlanta/Duluth
• Greater Atlanta/Marietta
Illinois
• Chicagoland/Central
• Chicagoland/Westmont
Kansas
• Kansas City/Overland Park
Massachusetts
• Boston/Cambridge
Maryland
• Beltway/Rockville
• Baltimore/Towson
Michigan
• Detroit/Madison Heights
Minnesota
• Twin Cities/St. Louis Park
Missouri
• St. Louis/Brentwood
New Jersey
• North Jersey/Paterson
New York
• Long Island/Westbury
• Westchester County/Yonkers
Ohio
• Central Ohio/Columbus
• Northeast Ohio/Mayfield Hts.
• Cincinnati/Sharonville
Pennsylvania
• Philadelphia/St. Davids
Texas
• Houston/West Loop
• Dallas Metroplex/Richardson
Virginia
• Northern Virginia/Fairfax
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DKahnt wrote:
Dammit...

... not anymore...

sorry.

-DK

No problem... I actually appreciate that you would have done it if you were still there. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
nexttothemoon wrote:
DKahnt wrote:
Dammit...

... not anymore...

sorry.

-DK

No problem... I actually appreciate that you would have done it if you were still there. thumbsup

Yeah... no problem at all.

I know exactly where it is too... my Alma Mater.

I went in that store during college for computer supplies...

... sorry...

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I can offer the incentive of some geekgold for a BGG member who wouldn't mind helping me out as a token of my appreciation as well. Just tell me the amount you'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish that I lived near one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I could help you out, but I'm not near one of those stores. Good luck to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Less snark is my goal.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am relatively close to the Detroit store and can probably rely on a few of my subscribed friends to tell you I'm honest.

I also have pretty good feedback here and on ebay where I'm mib668.

Is there a speed element to this request? I might not be able to get out that way for a couple of days.

The site shows 10+ in stock in Madison Heights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm right around the corner from the Rockville/Beltway store, I can stop by there no problem. Geekmail me the details, and I'll happily help you out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
sdonohue wrote:
I am relatively close to the Detroit store and can probably rely on a few of my subscribed friends to tell you I'm honest.

Is there a speed element to this request? I might not be able to get out that way for a couple of days.

abrannan wrote:
I'm right around the corner from the Rockville/Beltway store, I can stop by there no problem. Geekmail me the details, and I'll happily help you out.

Thank you both for offering to help.

BGG is a fantastic community when it comes to helping out each other with things like this. I'd certainly trust you both.

Before I saw your messages I received an offer from another BGG member to help and he's in the process of picking up the part for me.

Thanks you both so much for offering... I really appreciate that you both are willing to go out of your way and help.

Where I am it's extremely rural and no computer deals like this ever come up locally. I have family in NZ and the plan is to eventually ship this back to NZ for Christmas for my son so this helps out a lot (prices are much higher over there as well).

It's nice to have a buddy network to be able to do these types of things occasionally.

I'd do the same if there was something in my area someone wanted (not likely unless someone wants a big box of snow).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdonohue wrote:

I work nearish that store. don't get in there much, but pass it every day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Less snark is my goal.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
I work nearish that store. don't get in there much, but pass it every day

Wow, that's a long commute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.