Subject: Favorite hero? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
What's your favorite King's Armory hero?

I think mine is Ember. Being a bit of a non-conformist, I can see why Valcor is a great character, but he's too popular to be my favorite. ;-)

Also, from reading the stats card, Boleslaw, Felicity, and Raphael seem mostly like support heroes, and not as exciting to play in a 2 player game. Am I missing something about them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Crago
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not having been able to play the PnP yet I would just go off what I know. Could obviously change once I play.

Given my enjoying being a healer I'd say Felicity would be my top chioce. Boleslaw for his control potential would be my second.

I likely will be playing in games of 4+ people so having either of them on the board to help out would likely be good.

Not sure what I'd go with in a smaller 2-3 person game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I believe my favorite hero is Ember as well. 4 actions with good range and accuracy is just splendid. Give her any extra damage you can and she starts slaying monsters left and right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan B
United States
West Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus is definitely my favorite of the revealed characters so far. He is just such a beast. I'm sure someone could do some statistics thing, but I feel quite confident he could go toe to toe with Valcor.

I am interested to see Asphar, Zoe/Epoch, and the Level 99 heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
bryancb wrote:

I am interested to see Asphar, Zoe/Epoch, and the Level 99 heroes.

You can at least try out using Asphar now. His card is on the main page of the old campaign. he looks like a true power house.

"Why yes, I would like to do 6 damage, with a 15% chance of making that twelve."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Crago
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least I know my job isn't in jeopardy

Then again it never has been before in the MMOs I've played where healers or support tend to be the least commonly played, though usually appreciated additions to a group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wrot!
United States
Alhanbra
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I like all of them. tehehe. I should hope so.

Personality wise... Cyrus. He's so versatile, has a griffon, and is modeled in part after a very handsome man. ... ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Wilker
Germany
Lemgo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Valcor - he is the perfect tank, but has also a moderate damage output.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I am an archer in real life, Robin Hood....hands down!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan B
United States
West Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sabbat00 wrote:
As I am an archer in real life, Robin Hood....hands down!!

Ember is an archer too. Why not her?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I've just always been a sucker for Robin Hood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played Valcor in our second game, I really enjoyed the experience and take back some of my anti-Valcor sentiment. But, man, am I looking forward to trying Robin Hood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan B
United States
West Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sabbat00 wrote:
Oh, I've just always been a sucker for Robin Hood.

Fair enough. Considering he has existed longer than Ember he certainly has more name recognition, which may equate to more people choosing him over Ember. But who knows? Maybe the novelty will make her more appealing to some.

Also, I think John hinted that he might be posting Asphar, Zoe/Epoch, and/or King Alexian today, so maybe some people's favorites will change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bryancb wrote:
Also, I think John hinted that he might be posting Asphar, Zoe/Epoch, and/or King Alexian today, so maybe some people's favorites will change.

Super stoked to see Epoch. She's the main contender against Ember for me. I think part of the reason that Robin Hood is hitting so high for me isn't that he's Robin Hood, but that he looks so completely bad-a$$ (and hot!) in the image. Plus, green is my favorite color, and I love trees. (I actually have considered trees as pat of my ranking system when moving.)

I really wish that we could see Ember's wolf in the stats card. Ah well. You're right - it's the mystery attack in the hiding. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Crago
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:

Super stoked to see Epoch. She's the main contender against Ember for me. I think part of the reason that Robin Hood is hitting so high for me isn't that he's Robin Hood, but that he looks so completely bad-a$$ (and hot!) in the image. Plus, green is my favorite color, and I love trees.

I'm a fan of Robin Hood in general. Green is also my favorite color so him and Green Arrow are two of my favorite archers

I had also backed FTG so I am a fan of them as it is and was happy to hear that some of their world was going to cross in to King's Armory. It was an exciting announcement in general for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I really like Valcor and Robin Hood. Asphar is pretty awesome as well. But my favorite... hmm... Rose knows my favorite!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan B
United States
West Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting to see Eligor (still needs to be unlocked) and King Alexian. Both of those characters are super strong in BattleCon. I'm sure they will translate over well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McC1981
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Robin Hood looks great, Valcor looks like a powerhouse, also Ashpar looks great too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.