Park City
Kansas
flag msg tools
publisher
http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/gallerist-the/
badge
US Sales Manager for Eagle-Gryphon Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the opportunity to represent Eagle games at the Air Capital Comic Con over the weekend and demo a selection of games from the Gryphon Bookshelf Series of games. I chose these games to set up and play because I believe they're great gateway style games to introduce people into the hobby. Incan Gold was played a total of three times at the con!

For the first game I was joined by Paul and Trevor, who enjoyed the games so much they got in on all of the games demoed at the con. During the first round Trevor and I made it out with our gained treasure. Paul, on the other hand, loved to push his luck and would go farther and farther into the temple. Finally a second fire trap appeared and he lost everything.

For the rest of the game, Paul did a much better job at trying to escape before too many hazard cards appeared. So much so he actually won the game! Luckily for him, the hazard cards were few and far between in the remaining rounds. Paul and Trevor both really enjoyed and liked how simple the game was to play. Paul liked it so much, he wanted to play it again!

We played two more games of Incan Gold, for the second and third game Michelle and Graham joined in on the fun. After going through the rules for my new players, we started exploring. This time the hazard cards were... well much more hazardous. They appeared more often, even to the point that in the fourth round of the second game, the round was over after three cards were turned over.

Michelle had an interesting tactic she used for the first game she played. She would always leave the temple after the third or fourth turn. This tactic worked out a lot better for her than I would have thought. She ended up winning with 43 points!

For the last game of Incan Gold: Paul, Graham and myself copied her strategy. Unfortunately for us, we all decided to copy it on the same turn not really giving any benefit to any of us. This ended up giving Trevor a nice advantage as he worked his way through the temple until a relic card game into play. Paul starting playing an interesting meta game, in which he would bet on how far he could make it into the temple before leaving. He never made any of his guesses as the hazard cards cost him on his bets. In the end, Trevor came out the victor for our final game of Incan Gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.