Park City
Kansas
flag msg tools
publisher
http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/gallerist-the/
badge
US Sales Manager for Eagle-Gryphon Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the opportunity to represent Eagle games at the Air Capital Comic Con over the weekend and demo a selection of games from the Gryphon Bookshelf Series of games. I chose these games to set up and play because I believe they're great gateway style games to introduce people into the hobby.

For this demo I was joined by Paul and Trevor. Mickie was also going to join in for the demo, but was called away for hosting duties at the con. High Society is a fantastic auction game, more so because it forces you to make tough choices about hand management. If you are the poorest player at the end of the game, even if you have the most luxury items, you lose. There is a great balance between buying the right items, and not spending too much.

Paul and Trevor went bidding crazy! They easily outbid me for the first few rounds. When the first red card appeared, that's when I made my move. I won that card, which was a worth 2x of my current balance of 0 points. Soon enough I also won a 1 value luxury item.

The game continued on, when the fourth red card appeared and ended the game, I had gotten a few more point cards and another 2x and Trevor had spend almost all of his money. Trevor was the poorest player, having only 4 million left at the end of the game. I had 44 points in luxury items thanks to my bonus cards, and Paul had 12 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.