Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Osborne
England
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone tell me where I can get printed copies of any errata pages that are available for the rulebook? For example is there a particular ASL Journal that contains replacement pages I can just slip into the rulebook?

I know that there are PDFs for whole pages on the MMP website to download and print which is great in countries where US Letter sized paper is easily available - but in the UK that is problematic.

Thanks

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul

I'm not sure there are whole replacement pages for errata as such ,apart from a few where whole rules were easier to re-write..i'e AP4/DB etc etc.
but the "sticky " errata pages from the MMP website are very good, I just print onto sticky back paper ,cut out n put in place over the required bits,.
yes it fiddly at times, but if you set your print page to a suitable setting, it comes out pretty good..( I actually set very slightly smaller front size as fits nice n doesnt overrun any words in sentances/paragraphs).

I guess it all depends on your printer.

cheerio
mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find lots of sticky errata at
http://texas-asl.com/download.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
edelrio wrote:
You can find lots of sticky errata at
http://texas-asl.com/download.htm

Alas, at least 2 of the Texas specific rule entries for errata need errata...

Start with MMP, fill in with other sites
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ybarrondo
United States
Corona
CA - California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ASLChampion wrote:
Alas, at least 2 of the Texas specific rule entries for errata need errata...

Really, which 2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ybarrondo
United States
Corona
CA - California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the Texas ASL stuff to update my rulebook and I don't recall any problems with the sticky errata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Humphries
Philippines
Unspecified
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Private Dietz wrote:
I used the Texas ASL stuff to update my rulebook and I don't recall any problems with the sticky errata.

Me neither. Could you elaborate Stephen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Osborne
England
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah my wife is going to love me.

By my left foot sits an ASLRB shrink wrapped in a box which the wife will dutifully wrap and present to me in 5 weeks time, at which point I will remove the shrink wrap and sniff the new game printed goodness. Sometime later (probably a day or so when alcohol content is low) I will start applying Avery labels... Ah that will go down well!

Perhaps I should add a pack of Avery labels to my list from Santa?

Thanks all.

Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The other option is just to not bother. Most of the errata is not a big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Osborne
England
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cfmcdonald wrote:
The other option is just to not bother. Most of the errata is not a big deal.

I am liking this option the best to be honest.

If replacement pages were available - that would be the ideal option to my mind. Oh well. Still, at least I now have BV and the RB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a fairly new player myself and went through the same search a while back. My conclusions: Go to MMP's ASL errata section and print the replacement pages that came in Armies of Oblivion. They will make learning Platoon movement and Human Waves a lot easer. You can also buy (or see if other ASLers will make you a copy of the rules pages) the Normandy AP and get those printed pages, which aren't as essential (Bocage, I think), but will probably be worth having down the line. The rest of the errata just add peicemeal. Most of it isn't that important, and you can always look through the errata page at MMP and the files at Texas ASL and decide for yourself what is worth copying into the rulebook and what isn't.

A lot of the published errata really is stuff you could play for years without even noticing. The 2nd edition rulebook is an amazingly tight ruleset for its complexity, much better than a couple of 25-pagers from competing companies that I've read lately.

A new player's time would be better spent reading the rulebook and playing as many scenarios as possible instead of pasting up obscure errata that won't make much difference until you've really learned the game (if even then).

Best of luck. WELCOME to the greatest game on Earth!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Osborne
England
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the advice,

The way to go it seems, is to buy a ream of US sized paper and print the pages from MMPs site as PDFs. The rest of the errata can wait until I am bored enough to print on sticky paper and spend a few evenings with scissors etc.

Of course this is all a bit moot for a month anyway as the wife won't let me have the RB until Christmas anyway.

Thanks

Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Kearny
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hello Paul,

You can find a consolidated set of Q&A at the below location:

http://www.klasm.com/index_e.html

Save the following file to your PC:

Combined ASL Q&A file consisting of the Perry Sez from GameSquad file and the two Scott Romanowski files

I’ve briefly reviewed the document and I’ve already found answers/clarifications to two questions I had (what the last sentence of A7.531 means and a clarification regarding Vehicle movement and Defensive Fire)

Hope this helps,

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vicca
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Unless you can get it really cheap, dont bother buying the letter size ream.
Print it out on A4 and trim the bottom edge to match. It will be slightly narrower but all the text will make it on.
Spend your money on finding some poly pockets to put the rules into. These can either be letter size but some A4 pockets (generally the cheaper ones) work fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Osborne
England
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my, got the ASLRB in my grubby hands now. What an utter work of art this monster is, happy days and plenty of reading and counter pushing ahead.

As it happens I have a load of poly pockets that although are A4 also appear to be wide enough for letter size as well. I also have a ream of 'letter' paper courtesy of an American friend who just happened to stay for a few days. What the airport scanner staff made of that I can't imagine.

So now to go sleeving and printing out errata pages, minor changes can wait for now as I don't want to put stickers over the pages - they are too nice for that!

Thanks all for your advice, much appreciated.

Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Beef
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paosborne wrote:
minor changes can wait for now as I don't want to put stickers over the pages - they are too nice for that!

Put the errata stickers on the page protector

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Osborne
England
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And guess how long it took to realise that although the pages will fit in A4 page protectors, the page protectors are too long for the ASLRB binder?

Gah!

Naturally Letter sized page protectors are stupidly expensive in the UK, so I may have to move over to A4 sized folders that the dividers/charts don't fit into.

Sigh.

Am I the only person to whinge about this problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Terhune
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
This is a blatant example of frivolous geek gold spending.
badge
I spent 100 geek gold and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
paosborne wrote:
Am I the only person to whinge about this problem?

I think you're the only person who's done so today. But not remotely the only person ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vicca
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Don't worry, the ASLRB binder is a piece of crap! Of all the parts of ASL it must be the only one I really think is very poor.
Get yourself a decent A4 binder (four ring) if it has pockets on the front for the dividers, all the better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Vinnie37 wrote:
Don't worry, the ASLRB binder is a piece of crap! Of all the parts of ASL it must be the only one I really think is very poor.
Get yourself a decent A4 binder (four ring) if it has pockets on the front for the dividers, all the better.

Agree - I use Agrippa myself - somewhat expensive (at least in Sweden), but worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.