Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When deploying from a spawn point (samara tree for example) do I get to use the discount from a Druids leaf ring?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not generally, no.

You won't get the discount for Vine Tree/Samara Tree casting a creature or conjuration or something with the Plant and Vine traits for instance, as the discount only applies to those types of spells when they are cast.

The exception is enchantments. If Fellella or some other source cast a Plant enchantment, you could use the discount from the ring when you revealed the enchantment. The discount for enchantments doesn't care about where the enchantment came from, only that you control it and it has the necessary subtype.

Take a look at Death Ring and compare the wording. Death Ring specifically gives you a discount when your mage or a spawnpoint casts a spell of a certain type. The Druid's Leaf Ring specifies that the discount on casting spells is only when the Druid casts the spell. Having a spawnpoint cast a spell is not the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle K
Canada
SK
flag msg tools
This kind of thing came up back with beastmaster, ring of beasts, and lair in the base set, so i'm surprised its still being asked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bippy the Goat
msg tools
mbmb
echephron wrote:
This kind of thing came up back with beastmaster, ring of beasts, and lair in the base set, so i'm surprised its still being asked.

Don't judge! Not everybody posting questions on this forum have read all previous posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.