Popular Tags: [View All]
László K.
United States
Hopatcong
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Friedrich is a highly-rated board game, but it appears to be losing some of its "steam" here on BGG. (As of this writing, it has only been played 7 times this month.) Does Friedrich have (or not have) a good replayability value?

I do not want to imply that Friedrich is a bad game (its rating implies otherwise), instead I am curious why the game is played so infrequently. Any thoughts regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, do the Expert Game rules offer a good way to alter the game experience each time it is played?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Draker
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't judge the replay value on how many people take the time to note on BGG that they've played it recently.

I've only played a couple of times, both this month, but both games were very different. The randomness of the cards of fate and the randomness of the draw for TC's means every game will be different. While the mechanics are simple to learn, mastering the strategy will take time.

I played much better my second game as the Prussians, but still see things I could have done even better. I'm looking forward to playing the other nations now.

BTW, I'll enter the games played now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
United States
Greenbelt
MD
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also, it is a long game. Because of the variable length (3-5 hours) it can be a bit hard to plan for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
(As of this writing, it has only been played 7 times this month.)

Dang. Add two more to the list. I stink at recording my games played.

Friedrich has replay value for at least six to eight games, just to explore the different sides and game endings. After that, it will depend on how much you enjoy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.