Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hey,
I've been taking part in several contest with cool prices, thanks for providing them.

My questions are:
What about shipping?? Do you have to pay for shipping, if not living in the US?? Or will you get a voucher for a game shop instead??

and btw what about nicknames: if you use a nickname, but a existing emailaddress, can you win prices at all then??

chaddyboy_ could you answer?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't live in the US you're unlikely to win a contest anyway. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Er?? Do they filter out foreigners?? Do you have to be US citizen to take part?? Was this a joke? I'm confused. In this contest: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1073383/rr-games-plunder-con... also a UK, and 2 Canadian people won??

Does this paragraph exclude not US citizens:
Residents of jurisdictions where this type of Contest drawing is prohibited by law or subject to registration are ineligible to participate in the Contest and shall be ineligible for any prize covered herein. ???

Please help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kempeth wrote:

Not true! I've won 2 contests now and I am most definitely living in the U.K. And I know that third win must be just around the corner.

To answer the poster (and without a flag we all have no idea where you actually live), the rules are as clear as given. Anyone can win and if you get lucky you will receive a Geekmail advising you of your win and asking for your postal address. There is nothing extra to pay, all costs, including postage, are with the subscribing company. As to Gift certs, you get what's on offer. So if it's a USD cert with a specific outlet, that's what you get and if you live overseas, you need to deal with it accordingly.

Contests are a great way of boosting your MB collection and even very occasionally you might get a free game. Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kempeth wrote:

Why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kempeth wrote:

Not true. You may have that impression because 50% or the users here are Americans, but I spot different flags all the time when I look at the winners.

And I won at the Dark Darker Darkest contest (although, I still haven't got the game ...) meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so you can take part in contests no matter where you live!
Ron, you won, although Ron is a nickname (or not a full name at least), so did you tell them your real name in the geekmail then, I assume?

Maybe this (no true name) is the reason, why you didn't receive anything?? What about winners using nicknames??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
smithlucas wrote:
Ron, you won, although Ron is a nickname (or not a full name at least), so did you tell them your real name in the geekmail then, I assume?

Right. Ron is my first name and I told them my last name and snail mail address in a reply to an email they sent to the address that I stated on my profile page.

smithlucas wrote:
Maybe this (no true name) is the reason, why you didn't receive anything?? What about winners using nicknames??

I guess it's only a problem if you state a false/wrong eMail address meeple

EDIT: As DDD is currently shipped to the Kickstarters, I will have a little patience here. Maybe my game is already on the way meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Kempeth wrote:

Why?

Like others said. Since the community on BGG is very US heavy statistically most winner will be from the US.

Congrats on getting 3 wins as a European! I see you've entered about 3 times as many contests so maybe I'll be lucky soon. Although traditionally luck has evaded my in such matters...

So overall. There is no reason why someone outside the US cannot win. I was merely lamenting my bad fortune and apologize for the confusion I caused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kempeth wrote:
russ wrote:
Kempeth wrote:

Why?

Like others said. Since the community on BGG is very US heavy statistically most winner will be from the US.

Ah, that's a different statement.

The probability that the winner (whoever it turns out to be) will be in the US is indeed high (since most participants are in the US).

But the probability that a specific person (e.g. you) will win does not depend on whether they live in the US or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahiksking wrote:
[q="Kempeth"]if you get lucky you will receive a Geekmail advising you of your win and asking for your postal address.

Did you receive a geekmail on a contest win? I've won twice and the only communication I received was through the email account I have associated with the geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Ahiksking wrote:
[q="Kempeth"]if you get lucky you will receive a Geekmail advising you of your win and asking for your postal address.

Did you receive a geekmail on a contest win? I've won twice and the only communication I received was through the email account I have associated with the geek.

It was also an email in my case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kempeth wrote:
Congrats on getting 3 wins as a European! ...

The count is at 155 and still no win.soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Ahiksking wrote:

I actually can't remember which it was! It was certainly one of them, so winners will hear, but I can't confirm in which way. Sorry to confuse.

Although saying that - my second win has been totally silent. I only knew of my win because I check the winners when they get announced. Seems like I need to do some ferreting around to see what happened to my promised prize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.