Subject: Flippin' Fruit - Let's Get Juicy! The Zesty Dice and Card game... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys. I've started the ball rolling on Flippin' Fruit and was looking for some feedback.

The Kickstarter hasn't gone live yet, but I'd appreciate any feedback, adds, likes and follows you're willing to add. Also any feedback, good or bad, is really appreciated either on here, twitter or Facebook. Here are some links to get you started

www.flippinfruit.co.uk - the official site with the full game rules

www.facebook.com/flippinfruit - Photos and production diary

http://kck.st/1fh7k3J - The kickstarter preview page

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/150623/flippin-fruit - Offiial BGG page for the Dice Game

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1071421/flippin-fruit-pr... - the BoardgameGeek Production Diary

Thanks guys! Appreciate your support!
Andrew Platt
Flippin' Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
Re: Flippin' Fruit - Let's Get Juicy!
BGG is breaking your KS preview link (it's stripping out the ?token part). I ran it through bitly, this one should work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Barry! Much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good - even the postage rates to my little country meeple

Just one thing I noticed: the dice are obviously not engraved (which I assumed is pretty much standard nowadays), so there could be a problem with the paint wearing off after a number of plays ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL - BANANA SPLIT! You will receive a complete, boxed game of Flippin' Fruits with high quality printed cards, dice and rules - everything you need to play the game! AND you will also get your name PRINTED on the final Rules provided in the boxed game plus a 'Special Thanks' mention on our Website, Facebook and Twitter feed!! Please add +£2 for postage outside the UK.
Estimated delivery: Apr 2014
Add £3 to ship outside the UK

Quote:
FRUIT SALAD! You will receive THREE complete, boxed game of Flippin' Fruits with high quality printed cards, dice and rules - everything you need to play the game! AND you will also get your name PRINTED on the final Rules provided in the boxed game plus a 'Special Thanks' mention on our Website, Facebook and Twitter feed!! Please add +£3 for postage outside the UK.
Estimated delivery: Apr 2014
Add £5 to ship outside the UK

So what is the correct postage to ship outside the UK?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad, I will fix this. It should be +£3 and +£5 as the official line says.

Thanks for the interest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trace
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi I am not a hard core gamer, neither am I a designer-these folk will likely weigh in with all the techie advice soon.

But just having had a look at your KS and web site I think I am your target customer, I play with both gamers and non gamers and this looks like it would be a fit for a mixed crowd.

* I like your site its easy to navigate and it made me smile ( I want my experiences to be fun )

* your KS prices are fair and reasonable-I could afford 2 sets!! and shipping is great!

Just a note on the shipping-I know you will edit the KS page again but the pledge level have 2 different prices for shipping on them, £2&£3 on each.

Having the rules already listed is a bonus, I liked what I have seen and will be notified when you go live.

Best of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The prototype dice I have are in great condition after months of playtesting so I don't see this as an issue. Unfortunately engraving is not an option on the 12 sided dice, so hopefully the novelty of the 12 sides and full colour design will be appealing enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Joose wrote:

Hi I am not a hard core gamer, neither am I a designer-these folk will likely weigh in with all the techie advice soon.

But just having had a look at your KS and web site I think I am your target customer, I play with both gamers and non gamers and this looks like it would be a fit for a mixed crowd.

* I like your site its easy to navigate and it made me smile ( I want my experiences to be fun )

* your KS prices are fair and reasonable-I could afford 2 sets!! and shipping is great!

Just a note on the shipping-I know you will edit the KS page again but the pledge level have 2 different prices for shipping on them, £2&£3 on each.

Having the rules already listed is a bonus, I liked what I have seen and will be notified when you go live.

Best of luck.

Really appreciate those comments Trace. As for the pledge postage, I realise some of them are different - the +£2 postage is for dice only, and takes into the account no tube or cards to be shipped - lighter means cheaper to ship I will review this all again when I can weigh the final prototypes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Flippin' Fruit UPDATE #3

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1077792/flippin-fruit-pr...

Prototypes ready for preview!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Jones
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good lot of info on the kickstarter page, good pricing, definitely has got me interested.

Just a couple of questions, what is the weight of the game? - would it be playable for kids and if so what ages would you anticipate would be able to cope with it on average (my 4 year old likes games and also anything to do with food and cooking so this would potentially be her perfect game - I like to think she's pretty advanced as with help she can play Flashpoint, Dungeonquest and Carcassonne).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The boxed game has an 8+ on the tube and not suitable for under 18 months (small parts) - but it depends how many rules you wish to use. By just using the smoothie cards and dice, you could easily have a game suitable for general 3-5 year olds. The full rules can be found on the website www.flippinfruit.co.uk or on the facebook page, but are quite flexible depending on how advanced your child is - it's pretty simple and straight forward

Thanks for the feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
http://kck.st/1fh7k3J

Photos updated on the Kickstarter page! Go check out the shiny prototypes in all their fruitful glory!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Since BGG has lost my video, I'll post this one here Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Flippin' Fruit - Let's Get Juicy! The Zesty Dice and Card game...UPDATE #4
New production journal update for Flippin' Fruit! Check out the new goings on in the pre production world of fruity fun!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1084763/flippin-fruit-pr...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's just a taster of the upcoming Dice game Flippin' Fruit in Flash Game form. Hope you'll enjoy!

http://www.flippinfruit.co.uk/flash.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Flippin' Fruit - Post Christmas UPDATE! T-Shirts and more!
Quick update! Flippin' Fruit has been submitted for Kickstarter approval with a preliminary date of 11th January to go live for 30 days!

In the week running up, we shall be posting a number of updates and preview videos to get your taste buds popping with juicy anticipation.

After the KS goes live, we will be running a Twitter competition for exclusive Flippin' Fruit T-Shirts!

So don't forget to share, poke and squeeze all your social media friends for all the pips you can in advance of the release, and we can make our zesty dreams come true! Tweet and follow @flippinfruit, share www.flippinfruit.co.uk and our facebook page, and hashtag us to victory! #flippinfruit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Flippin' Fruit - 5 days until Kickstarter

The countdown has begun to Kickstarter Launch 11th January 2014! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Twitter pages for latest news and make sure to like, share and retweet us to everyone you've ever met so that we can get Flippin' Fruit off the production lime and into your homes! Also, check out our new Kickstarter promotional video below:

and check out our preview Kickstarter page here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/beangames/1228135438?tok...

Any and all support is so greatly appreciated! It's already flippin' exciting, let's make it flippin' successful!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Only 3 days left until the Kickstarter goes live! How do you like those apples?

Updated Flippin Fruit Journal:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/150623/flippin-fruit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Rotten Tom says "Check out our Facebook page here: www.facebook.com/flippinfruit or I'll turn you into Ketchup"

*Gulp*, I'd do as he says!

ALSO New to Flippin' Fruit Kickstarter, bulk deliveries to save you money!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter begins berry soon...lets hope it suc-seeds!

The Kickstarter will go live tomorrow morning and run for 30 days. Plenty of time to get some juice in you! Keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter for the link to it, or simply search www.kickstarter.com in the morning for Flippin' Fruit! Exciting times!

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We're LIVE!

Visit http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/beangames/flippin-fruit-... to get your hands on the Early Bird special price for your own copy of Flippin' Fruit! They're going flippin' fast too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
kingofspin101 wrote:

Visit http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/beangames/flippin-fruit-... to get your hands on the Early Bird special price for your own copy of Flippin' Fruit! They're going flippin' fast too!

Got me an Early Bird - plenty of them left though meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walonius Sczerbiak
msg tools
Great effort don't get discouraged!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Athimon
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck for the project Andrew!! :meeple:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.