Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hi there,

My wife and I recently moved to Asheboro, NC. We both like board games. We play Ticket to Ride, Carcassone, Settlers of Catan, Lost Cities, etc together. I also like war/strategy games. I see that there's a group that gets together in Raleigh to play. That's a bit of a hike though. Is there anyone on here who has a gaming group in Greensboro (or Asheboro for that matter). Have a great day.

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew,

There's a group around UNC-Greensboro that puts on gaming cons. I think they're called "Just Us Productions". They do ConCarolinas (June - Charlotte), MACE (November), and StellarCon (Feb/March). If you can't find anything through the local game stores, I'd suggest trying one of the Cons to track down a few players...I'm pretty sure you can find some that way.

John

p.s. I'm in the Raleigh area, but have been to a couple of the Cons I've listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
What local gamestores are there in Greeensboro? The only one I've heard about is Cosmic Castle, and when I drove other there a couple weeks ago I saw that it is now closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Pao
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hey Andrew,

I've been trying to find out the same thing (about the existence of a gaming group in Greensboro). But so far, haven't tracked one down. Currently I live in Northern California, but my wife (who's from Greensboro and lived there for 8 years before we got married) and I are going to move to Greensboro in about a year, so if you still don't find one by that time, I'd be interested in starting one up. I'm heavy into German-style games and have been playing them for about 8 years now. My wife's just beginning to get into it.

P.S. You may want to get in touch with a guy named Loren Pinilis with whom I've chatted on email (username FerrumEtBombyx) on BGG - he lives in Winston Salem and is looking for a regular gaming group too.

Shoot me an email if you want to chat more about your/my gaming interests, starting a game group together, or whatever -

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.