Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lincoln Fraga
United States
Lakewood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have been trying to get an order in with Boards and Bits for a while and I keep getting message saying try back later. Are they being bought out? or going away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
lincolnfraga wrote:
Have been trying to get an order in with Boards and Bits for a while and I keep getting message saying try back later. Are they being bought out? or going away?

Read these:

Boards & Bits. Oh how they have fallen.
Boards and Bits---Just to continue the outrage........
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hatemachine wrote:
lincolnfraga wrote:

Read these:

I'm sorry, but i find it annoying to simply link threads, answer is not entirely clear, i read through one of those 40 page threads, and it's hard to tell what's going on with B&B's they're having some internal struggles that have been going on since October with their dropship partner in PA from what it seems like. Would be nice to have a clear answer within the first page of a thread. There is a lot of weeds to shift through in those threads
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Berndt
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
hatemachine wrote:
lincolnfraga wrote:

Read these:

I'm sorry, but i find it annoying to simply link threads, answer is not entirely clear, i read through one of those 40 page threads, and it's hard to tell what's going on with B&B's they're having some internal struggles that have been going on since October with their dropship partner in PA from what it seems like. Would be nice to have a clear answer within the first page of a thread. There is a lot of weeds to shift through in those threads

Unfortunately there is no clear answer. The second thread is only two pages long, so that shouldn't burn up too much of your time. If you want an even shorter summary, though - B&B has been completely offline for about 6 weeks now (besides the occasional brief post in the first thread), and speculation is that they are involved in a legal issue of some sort which does not allow them to communicate, ship product or issue refunds. Nobody knows when or if this will get resolved, or what will become of B&B once it is resolved. In the meantime, if you have an outstanding pre-order with them, it would probably be in your best interests to pursue a refund with either Paypal (if within 45 days) or your credit card company, if you paid by credit card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Kafka
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
answer is not entirely clear

That's exactly why the threads are so long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
lincolnfraga wrote:

Here's the breakdown, if you haven't already found your answer from the other threads:

B&B is no longer taking new orders.
B&B is currently embroiled in something, likely a legal issue stemming from its warehousing arrangement, which is preventing it from continuing normal operations (shipping, issuing refunds, etc.)
B&B's owner has stated that he would disclose more information if/when it became available and if/when he was able.
B&B's owner has stated that he will make every attempt to fulfill the outstanding orders.
B&B's owner has stated that he understands why people have pursued chargebacks instead of waiting and would have done the same if he were a customer in this position.

Beyond that, there has been no new information. There has been much cathartic ranting and a bit of rampant speculation.

The best advice given so far has been to pursue a chargeback if you have an open order and do not want to risk waiting things out. This recommendation holds even if you are outside of the normal chargeback window as outlined by your creditor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lincolnfraga wrote:

Right now I think very few people know for sure. Perhaps TOM the owner, a lawyer and a few others. Until there is an official announcement almost everything else is speculation. Given that things don't look positive because there is little communication going on I suspect we might never get an official response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nberndt wrote:
jwspiker wrote:
hatemachine wrote:
lincolnfraga wrote:

Read these:

Unfortunately there is no clear answer. The second thread is only two pages long, so that shouldn't burn up too much of your time. If you want an even shorter summary, though - B&B has been completely offline for about 6 weeks now (besides the occasional brief post in the first thread), and speculation is that they are involved in a legal issue of some sort which does not allow them to communicate, ship product or issue refunds. Nobody knows when or if this will get resolved, or what will become of B&B once it is resolved. In the meantime, if you have an outstanding pre-order with them, it would probably be in your best interests to pursue a refund with either Paypal (if within 45 days) or your credit card company, if you paid by credit card.

It is well more than 6 weeks. They stopped taking orders and updating their site around September 13. They gave vague promises until October 3rd. Then it all ended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nunyabisnas wrote:
lincolnfraga wrote:

Here's the breakdown, if you haven't already found your answer from the other threads:

B&B is no longer taking new orders.
B&B is currently embroiled in something, likely a legal issue stemming from its warehousing arrangement, which is preventing it from continuing normal operations (shipping, issuing refunds, etc.)
B&B's owner has stated that he would disclose more information if/when it became available and if/when he was able.
B&B's owner has stated that he will make every attempt to fulfill the outstanding orders.
B&B's owner has stated that he understands why people have pursued chargebacks instead of waiting and would have done the same if he were a customer in this position.

Beyond that, there has been no new information. There has been much cathartic ranting and a bit of rampant speculation.

The best advice given so far has been to pursue a chargeback if you have an open order and do not want to risk waiting things out. This recommendation holds even if you are outside of the normal chargeback window as outlined by your creditor.

"B&B's owner has stated that he will make every attempt to fulfill the outstanding orders."

He only said this before the silence. The silence was likely something unanticipated when making those original promises.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nunyabisnas wrote:

This is worth repeating - even if you are past normal chargeback window, it still doesn't hurt to contact whoever (CC company or Paypal) to see if they'll make an exception. Worst they can do is say no, and you're no worse off than before.

Only thing I can add to this is, if the above doesn't work, make sure you keep copies of your credit card/Paypal statement showing what you paid, as well as any emails to/from Boards and Bits - either hard copies, or saved to your hard drive and backed up somewhere.

If whatever is going on ends up dragging out to a year-plus and you need to provide evidence to an attorney or some court-appointed agent of what you paid in order to get a refund, you don't want to need to reach out to a 3rd party for documentation that they may or may not be willing to provide for free.

Not saying this will happen (since I have no clue what exactly is going on) but it certainly seems well within the realm of possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
He only said this before the silence.

Because the silence started... once he stopped saying things. zombie

shadow9d9 wrote:
The silence was likely something unanticipated when making those original promises.

Are we starting our speculation engines back up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toby
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
nberndt wrote:
...B&B has been completely offline for about 6 weeks now....

It is well more than 6 weeks. They stopped taking orders and updating their site around September 13. They gave vague promises until October 3rd.

To be sure, the OP said: "completely offline for about 6 weeks now" save for the BGG forum posts. According to your own timeline immediately following your needless gainsaying, they've been "completely offline" from 10.4 to 11.20. Which is 6 weeks and 5 days.

The OP was accurate. If you wanna point out that "Yes, but it's been well more than 6 weeks since they stopped taking orders" that's true enough. I'd probably prefer the more precise "Yes, but it's been 9 1/2 weeks since they stopped taking orders" but where's the drama without the open ended verbiage, amirite?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:

Oddly, nearly everything I say happens before a silence. Weird...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Manwaring
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
badge
Wubba lubba dub dub
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:

Somebody's been getting too much of the doctor

**Edited the nested quotes for clarity**
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tobyjason wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:
nberndt wrote:
...B&B has been completely offline for about 6 weeks now....

It is well more than 6 weeks. They stopped taking orders and updating their site around September 13. They gave vague promises until October 3rd.

To be sure, the OP said: "completely offline for about 6 weeks now" save for the BGG forum posts. According to your own timeline immediately following your needless gainsaying, they've been "completely offline" from 10.4 to 11.20. Which is 6 weeks and 5 days.

The OP was accurate. If you wanna point out that "Yes, but it's been well more than 6 weeks since they stopped taking orders" that's true enough. I'd probably prefer the more precise "Yes, but it's been 9 1/2 weeks since they stopped taking orders" but where's the drama without the open ended verbiage, amirite?

It is more than just not taking more orders. They stopped shipping before 9/13. They also stopped updating their inventory by 9/17ish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:

Because the silence started... once he stopped saying things. :zombie:

shadow9d9 wrote:
The silence was likely something unanticipated when making those original promises.

The point is that his statement referred to previous circumstances and shouldn't be expected to remain valid since things obviously changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
curtc wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:

Because the silence started... once he stopped saying things. zombie

shadow9d9 wrote:

The point is that his statement referred to previous circumstances and shouldn't be expected to remain valid since things obviously changed.

The only thing that obviously changed was his inclination to keep posting, for whatever reason. But a change in inclination to post doesn't imply a change in circumstances affecting previous statements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CassSoren
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
It is more than just not taking more orders. They stopped shipping before 9/13. They also stopped updating their inventory by 9/17ish.

Untrue. As I stated in the other thread, I received my order on 9/27, which means it shipped on 9/25. If you want to quibble about counts of days, that's 12 days after "before 9/13". I understand you're not happy with Boards and Bits, and for good reasons, but the situation is bad enough without it being further distorted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSoren wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:

Untrue. As I stated in the other thread, I received my order on 9/27, which means it shipped on 9/25. If you want to quibble about counts of days, that's 12 days after "before 9/13". I understand you're not happy with Boards and Bits, and for good reasons, but the situation is bad enough without it being further distorted.

Mine was ready 9/13 and never shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:
curtc wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:

Because the silence started... once he stopped saying things. :zombie:

shadow9d9 wrote:

The only thing that obviously changed was his inclination to keep posting, for whatever reason. But a change in inclination to post doesn't imply a change in circumstances affecting previous statements.

I disagree. When he made the statement he had planned to go to PA and fix things. It clearly wasn't that simple. Whatever he thought was going on was much larger and he ended up having to approach things differently(silence). His statements were based on his current at the time situation. There is no reason to believe it is now the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CassSoren
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
Mine was ready 9/13 and never shipped.

I'm sorry. It must be all the more frustrating to learn of my situation. In any case, there was at least sporadic shipping through 9/25.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
His statements were based on his current at the time situation.

Well let's hope so. It would be silly if it were otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.