Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun Layton
United States
Leominster
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to get my solo gaming fix while the wife was reading, and i was soundly thrashed by all 3 games i played.

Friday
Onirim
Zulus on the Ramparts!

All of these decided to repeatedly moonwalk up and down my face. I love all 3 of these so i didn't mind losing(who wants to win all the time anyway).
I was just curious if anyone else had any crushing defeats recently too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was about to say I strike out all the time but you're talking about board games.... whistle

My most recent painful defeat was against The Matriarch last night in Sentinels of the Multiverse. It was a five hero group, she had done a lot of damage to us and knocked two of us out, she had about ten birds on the bird but Bunker had stored up a big attack and it looked like we might still pull it around. Then the environment pulled out defense lasers that killed all the birds. cry

Also we just got Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game and it's great! Well, it's great but it's been really painful for the humans. Our first two games were with four and three players respectively and in each case cylon Baltar won. (Kind of funny too because in each game Baltar was a randomly selected character and in both games he ended up being the cylon.) Ah well, I'm sure the humans will do better with a little more practice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Layton
United States
Leominster
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's blasphemy, but i still haven't played Sentinels, or Battlestar. I just haven't been able to grab a copy of either, but i also have no illusions of winning the first time i play lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kreator82 wrote:
It's blasphemy, but i still haven't played Sentinels, or Battlestar. I just haven't been able to grab a copy of either, but i also have no illusions of winning the first time i play lol.

Both those games have gone over GREAT with my groups. Sentinels is my personal favorite, I play it solo a lot too when I have the time. Galactica is pretty awesome, so good I went ahead and got Daybreak as well since we usually play with four players and the Mutineer and Cylon Leader in Daybreak looked really interesting. So far we're loving it and may give it a go again this weekend, time permitting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Layton
United States
Leominster
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big superhero fan, so Sentinels is a game i have been wanting. Looks like i will drop hints for Xmas lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I play a lot of Ghost Stories. I'm used to getting stomped into the pavement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday beats me to a pulp on a regular basis. Onirim is MUCH easier, yet can be frustrating with some random card draws.

Sentinels of the Multiverse fell VERY flat for me, and I can't imagine playing it solo, where you'd have to manage multiple heroes. The theme is fantastic, but in my experience, the game was much too mentally fiddly. It bogged down the fun and was traded away.

I also don't like Ghost Stories with any less than four players, as I don't like having to worry about controlling multiple characters. Using the power tokens is a bit wonky, again in my opinion.

Stick with the three you have! They seem to be providing a ton of challenge anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Layton
United States
Leominster
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, i have heard Ghost Stories is pretty merciless. I wanna try it out, but i have The Isle of Doctor Necreaux to play if i want boot marks on my ass lol. Now THAT game is hard. Mostly because it uses card draws, and dic e rolls, but the cards are also just MEAN lol. The luck factor is extremely high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them!"
mbmbmbmbmb
The Isle of Doctor Necreaux is brutal! I've beaten it exactly once. It's still a blast, though, and has the advantage of being quick and portable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Layton
United States
Leominster
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game is slept on a little bit. It has great art, nice components, and it is a fun solo, or co-op experience. I think the only drawback for some would be that it is harder than chinese algebra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.