Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: How are you guys storing expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Separately or all together? Monsters combined? Heroes all together? Just curious. I've left them all separate for now but was not sure if there is a reason to put them all together for current game play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vernan Stanton
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Trapped In A World I Never Made...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got all the monsters and heroes from the original descent, the promo heroes, the Dungeonquest heroes and current versions in clear, Sistema clip-seal containers (5 of them!).

I removed the inserts from the 2.0 base set and keep all of the tiles in there in various snap lock bags, separated by size and expansion.

I did the same with the LoR set and keep all the pieces, cards and rulebooks in that one.

The hero and monster storage is not the best for taking them places, but it was cheap and makes it easy to see the groups and grab the ones you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Base game box: Cards, hero sheets, Plano box with tokens for quest setup, Plano box with heroes, three small boxes for wound and fatigue tokens, one small box for dice, and very large monsters (demon lords, shadow dragons, crypt dragons).

Labyrinth of Ruin box: All tiles sorted into bags by set, bits box with condition and hero tokens for easy access, all quest guides and instructions, FAQs, etc.

And I have two large plastic boxes that the rest of the monsters are sorted into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks for the info guys. I like the bag idea For the Tiles and am all over that. Have the rest dealt with now in containers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep the map tiles separated by which expansion they came from, because you only need an expansion's map tiles if you are playing a quest from that expansion.

Just about everything else (Shop Item cards, Travel Event cards, Overlord cards, Class cards, Relic cards, Monster cards, Lieutenant cards) I keep all together in the base game box. Cardboard tokens I keep all together in the Labyrinth of Ruin box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
While I would love to stumble on the 1st edition coffin box to store things in, I'm most likely stuck with the multi-box approach unless I come up with a custom solution some day.

2nd Edition Base Game Box - All plastic monsters and lieutenants, including many 1st edition monsters I picked up second hand. It's pretty much filled to the brim already. Small monsters sorted into bags.

Labyrinth of Ruin box - All map tiles.

Runewars: Banners of War Box - All cards, tiles, dice, tokens, sorted into a lot of bags, and a GMT games chit sorter for many of the common tokens.

Lair of the Worm - Plastic Heroes.

Trollfens - Outdated cards and Conversion Kit cards I don't have [or want to get] the models for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I keep mine:

Base Game Box - All tiles from every expansion (it can be troublesome to find certain tiles, I'll be honest); dice are also stored in this box

Lair of the Wyrm - All cards and tokens

Labyrinth of Ruin - Most of the monsters and all of the heroes (heroes are separated in plastic bag)

Trollfens - The rest of the monsters (mainly my absolute favorite ones, since a few of them were getting warped in the LoR box), plus any lieutenants from the LT Packs (only Eliza so far)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have pretty much everything mixed up with everything else with the exception of map tiles. All tokens and heros and travel cards are not separated out by expansion. I'm pretty much only ever going to use it all together (he says ignoring the fact that that's a pain to take anywhere other than his living room).

This is from a post in another thread

Base game box
- Rule books
- Hero figures
- All cards
- Dice
- Tokens
- tiny map sections
- doors etc
--I have 3 plastic boxes (similar to plano boxes but from Tesco) which contain everything excpt rules

Lair of the wyrm box
- base game map tiles

Trollfens
- expansion map tiles.

Labyrinth of Ruin box
- all monsters
-- this is not ideal if you need to take the game anywhere as they are just sat in the box, works for me as it sits on a shelf and then gets pulled out to play, I don't transport it very often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Base game and labyrinth of ruins and 1 LT pack all in 1 box (base game). I took out the cardboard insert and put everything into bags. Fits with enough room probably for another expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.