Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aingeru Malkav
Spain
Bilbao
Bizkaia
flag msg tools
mb
After seeing the video available, I have a doubt about the bazar location setup and the replayability.

The bazar is formed by 16 locations and in the video it is showed in order
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16

My doutbs are:
* Are locations single sided or double sided?
* Are locations always setup in the same order, or this is the configuration for beginners, but in the normal play you shuffle them and setup randomly?

Thanks and best regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am completely confident that it's a variable setup. Why else would they all be separate "boards"? In fact, if you look at the prototype photos, you'll see that it's a different order of 1–16, at least:

I like your idea of double-sided, though, and I hope that not only the order is variable, but so are the effects. Considering this comes from the guy who created Louis XIV, you've got me optimistic that the bazaar cards are two-sided! (In case you haven't played Louis XIV, let me explain: The effect of the board is the same on both sides, but the competition type is not. The boards usually flip after each of the four evaluations in the game, but certainly not always. This gives great variability in each game, and thus great replay value for a very cool game.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aingeru Malkav
Spain
Bilbao
Bizkaia
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, you may be right, but I have also realized than in the picture with the ¿final? art, the locations have two small number on the upper left side (one green and one blue)

In fact in the prototype they are ordered by the small blue number...

EDIT: So we have three possible ¿configurations?/¿setups?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aingeru wrote:
Yes, you may be right, but I have also realized than in the picture with the ¿final? art, the locations have two small number on the upper left side (one green and one blue)

In fact in the prototype they are ordered by the small blue number...

EDIT: So we have three possible ¿configurations?/¿setups?

Wow, you are observant! wow Those are not easy to discern!

It seems you may be right. Still, having three playbalanced configurations is pretty decent, and probably doesn't preclude the possibility of other setups. ¡Espéramos!

Edit: Plus, the fact that the "board" is made of cards or tiles makes expansions very cheap and easy to produce…. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aingeru Malkav
Spain
Bilbao
Bizkaia
flag msg tools
mb
zefquaavius wrote:
Edit: Plus, the fact that the "board" is made of cards or tiles makes expansions very cheap and easy to produce…. ninja

True, but although I REALLY like Jambo I don't want another game that needs two additional expansions to fix it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, you're really good at analyzing the photos!

In fact, we REALLY offer 3 preset options: There's one for the first game(s), where the places, which you like to visit in a row, are placed close to each other. This makes it easier to learn this tricky little mechanism, that is how to use and get back your assistants.

More interesting for the following games are probably the other 2 options: They are optimized to have longer ways between certain places, so the use of the assistants is more difficult.

Besides this there is a fourth option: Just place the boards at random! OK, almost at random, you have to follow 2 small rules to prevent some situations that are not nice to play. The random setup affords to "read" the setting to find the best ways. This is the setup that I like most ...

As Pegasus is publishing a bilingual version, the back side of the cards are used for the second language, so I'm afraid there are no other function on them.

If somebody is wondering, why there are 2 small numbers and 1 big number on the cards: The 2 small ones are only used for the setup and have no meaning during the game.
The big black numbers HAVE a meaning: There are 2 neutral figures on the cards, that provide their visitors with a little bonus action. After this you roll 2 dice to give them a new position - using the black numbers. As you soon will discover, they can never visit the places where the gemstones can be collected - these are already interesting enough for the players ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aingeru Malkav
Spain
Bilbao
Bizkaia
flag msg tools
mb
Mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut aber...

Deutsch wrote:
1. Für 8 Lira Karren um 1 vergrössern. Karren maz -> 1 Diamant
2-4. Karren mit angezeigter Ware auffüllen
5. Sichtbare Waren/Geld nehmen -> 1 Abdeckung verschieben
6. 2 Aktionskarten nehmen (auf Abwürfstapel) -> 1 abwerfen
7. Alle Gehilfen in Vorrat zürucknehmen
8. Würfel werfen -> Waren nehmen
9. Zahl ansagen -> Würfel werfen -> wenn Würfel >= Ansagen; Auzhalung der Ansage in Lira
10-11. 1-5 offene Waren verkaufen -> 1 Abschieben verschieben
12. Familienmitglied befreien und an beliebigen Ort schiken -> dort Aktion ausführen ohne Begegnungen
13. Geforderte Waren abgeben -> Belohnung 1 Diamant
14-15. Angezeigte Waren vorzeigen un EINE davon abgeben -> Karte nehmen. Beide Karten eines Ortes -> Belohnung 1 Diamant
16. Gefordetes Geld abgeben -> Belohnung 1 Diamant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aingeru Malkav
Spain
Bilbao
Bizkaia
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Location actions:
1. Improve Wagon capacity in 1 by 8 Lira. ??? -> 1 Diamond
(in new graphic: 7 Lira)
2-4. Fill your Wagon with corresponding? Wares
5. Take money/Ware -> ???
6. Draw 2 cards, keep 1.
7. Recover all your Helpers?
8. Throw die -> take Ware
(in new graphic: sorry, I don't get it...)
9. Say a number (x) -> throw die (y)-> x =< y take x Lira
(in new graphic: y < x take 2 Lira / x =< y take x Lira)
10-11. Sell 1-5 Wares -> ???
12. Free (family)relative and move it to any location, there perform Action without ???
13. Return Ware -> ??? 1 Diamant
14-15. ??? -> take (one) Card. If both Cards are taken -> ??? 1 Diamant
16. Return Money -> ?? 1 Diamant

EDIT: At last!!! Don't know what the issue was, it just chopped the post...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's some help to the question marks:
First you should know that we have improved all symbols, so the symbols you see are not the final ones. I hope they are more intuitive now (I'm sorry I don't have new photos)

Important to know: You need to be the first to collect 5 diamonds.

1. Buy one expansion for the wheelbarrow for 7 Lira. If you complete your wheelbarrow with 3 expansions, you get a diamond
2.-4.Fill your wheelbarrow with the corresponding good
5. Take all goods and Lira from the visible fields (4 are covered, 4 are not). After this move the leftmost cover downwards.
6. Draw 2 cards, either from the stack (besides the board) or from the open stack (cards which have already been played) on this place. Discard one card from your hand.
7. Take back all your assistants to your merchant.
8. Roll the dice and take 0-3 blue goods. After this take on good, that is not blue (there is no warehouse where you can get the more valuable blue goods. Here is one of the places where you can get some, but it is risky)
9. Say a number. Roll the dice. If the result is higher or equal to the number, you get the announced number in Lira. Otherwise you get 2 Lira
10.-11. Sell 1-5 goods that are shown on the tile. The more you sell the more Lira you got.
12. Free your family member and move it to any location. Perform the action there and ignore all other figures that may stand there.
13. Return all visible goods and take the next diamond from the row
14.-15. Take one "mosque tile". You need to HAVE the amount of shown goods in your wheelbarrow and to return ONE of them. The tiles provide you with a permanent advantage (eg. one more assistant, a 2nd try for rolling the dice). If you get both tiles of a place, you get an additional diamond (you can have every tile only once)
16. Return the highest visible number of Lira to get the next diamond from the row.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.