Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Bolan
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I am moving to the Denver, Co area and I am looking for a gaming group to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Nakamoto
United States
Montrose
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a good place to start:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Southwestern_US#/

Friendly invitations to the various Front Range groups should start coming in 3... 2... 1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Denver area! I don't meet up with any groups anymore but there are a lot to choose from in the area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reticent Trickster
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We stand in the Atlantic, we become panoramic. The stars are caught in our hair, the stars are on our fingers, a veil of diamond dust.
mbmbmbmbmb
Eschew the big city and join us in the Springs! It's only 18 minutes from DIA! (If the wind's from the north.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert,

It all depends on what part of Denver. There are groups in all corners and surrounding areas. Traffic can be a nightmare on weeknights, so knowing that will help folks give suggestions.

We have 3 awesome groups in the north and NE parts of Denver and there are a ton further south.

What part of town are you moving to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eapeas wrote:
What part of town are you moving to?

There are even a few groups further north...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil J.
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also just moved to the Denver area, and I am looking for a gaming group to play with as well. Looks like a bunch of awesome groups meet in north Denver. What about south Denver? According to the guild page there is potentially only one in the south Denver area that plays every other Thursday at Enchanted Grounds. Are there any others that I am missing? For example, is any general gaming group meeting at Collectormania in Parker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bolan
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Currently I am probably moving in the Lakewood area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course it all depends on what you like to play. If you like multi-player strategy games such as:

Twilight Imperium 3rdEd (FFG)
A Game of Thrones (tBG, FFG)
Conquest of the Empire II (Eagle)
Sword of Rome (GMT)
The Napoleonic Wars (GMT)
Fortress America (FFG)
Ikusa / Shogun (AH - MB)

I know a game group that plays these fairly regularly (mine).

Also, there are groups that I am connected to that support folks coming and breaking down into 1v1 and 2v2 type games such as:

Hannibal: Rome vs Carthage (VG)
We the People (original, AH)
Battles of Westeros (FFG)
C&C:A and C&C:N (GMT)

Welcome to the Denver, CO metro area to the both of you!...hope you find the gamers you want to game with.

Geek Mail me for more info if you are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We also have a pretty active wargame group in NE Denver along w/ 2 really active 'regular' game groups up here as well. You have a plethora of choices. Once you get here and decide how far of a drive you're willing to make, that will help narrow down your choices.

Good luck and welcome!

-Edward
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaius wrote:
I also just moved to the Denver area, and I am looking for a gaming group to play with as well. Looks like a bunch of awesome groups meet in north Denver. What about south Denver? According to the guild page there is potentially only one in the south Denver area that plays every other Thursday at Enchanted Grounds. Are there any others that I am missing? For example, is any general gaming group meeting at Collectormania in Parker?

Parker area myself
I think a group meets Tuesday nights at Park Meadows mall @ the food court... and Collectormania usually has something going on the weekends but it seems to be MtG and WH dominated.
Sorry I'm not more help! I'm groupless at present myself. Seems like life conspires to keep me from gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil J.
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes and recommendations.

I hope to get involved in a game group shortly after the holidays. My plan is to peruse the general board gaming groups that meet at Enchanted Grounds and Denver Central (closest to my home and work), and branch out from there.

However, if anyone is in need of an extra player in a recurring game group (i.e., strategy games, war games and RPGs) and meet within 30 miles or so from southern Denver I would perhaps be willing to make the drive once a week or so. Aside from the games in my collection I am willing to try any game people have to offer.

Thanks again, and Happy Holidays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaius wrote:

The biggest group is DenverGames which meets at the Park Meadows mall food court on Tuesday nights. This group also has large game gatherings that meet at a variety of different places on Saturdays. These are usually all day/evening events at different members houses. Very friendly and open group. Their Yahoo group (denvergames) has 330 members.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaius wrote:
Many thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes and recommendations.

I hope to get involved in a game group shortly after the holidays. My plan is to peruse the general board gaming groups that meet at Enchanted Grounds and Denver Central (closest to my home and work), and branch out from there.

However, if anyone is in need of an extra player in a recurring game group (i.e., strategy games, war games and RPGs) and meet within 30 miles or so from southern Denver I would perhaps be willing to make the drive once a week or so. Aside from the games in my collection I am willing to try any game people have to offer.

Thanks again, and Happy Holidays.

We always have room for another for our wargame group up in Reunion!

http://www.boardgamemeetup.com/meetup/view/History-Unwritten
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.