Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raman Ohri
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played with my wife (played several times) and father in law (Pops, new to the game).

As usual, Pops didn't need much practice to be effective at a game. He struck a nice balance early in the game but spent a bit too much on mediocre buildsing. The wife played masterfully, picking up very good diplomats and upgrade builings early and smoothly building her lead.

I tried to get a cash rush from good diplomats, but fell too far behind in terms of money per round and early VP from buildings. This was the first time I've seen a "no way to catch the leader" effect; wife was earning more than either of us and was basically unstoppable. I closed the gap a tiny bit at the end by distinct diplomats, but it wasn't nearly enough. I saved a little dignity and beat the guy who'd never played before, but that was about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.