Journey: Wrath of Demons» Forums » General

Subject: Some pledge help :S rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Mouser
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys. I appreciate any help you can give. It's a little harder coming in at the end and trying to follow all the updates, plus with my current schedule means I'm not getting much reading time to work it all out, but that should clear in a few of months.

What is the benefit of resin over plastic and how noticeable is any difference? I do paint occasionally, but I am not dedicated.

I'm just trying to work out a pledge, other than the centipede demon and resin versions of whats in the box, do you get any thing else extra at premium edition?

Also the fifth pilgrim is down as an optional addon, but now looks to be included for free. Is that correct? Are the associated game cards that cost $1 included too?

So far it seems the pledge could look something like:

base game - $100
shipping - $30
white bones expansion - $48
soul hunters + cleansers set 1-$22
Jianshi + Coffin set - $15
Quing Long - $38
Tripitaka alternative (plastic)- $5
Centipede Demon - $20
Fifth Pilgrim? $5 + $1 ?

I think this would qualify me for the $320 rewards for warrior monks ?

Are there any glaring omissions? Or unnecessary inclusions?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TA MN
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 5th Pilgrim (the Dragon Princess) is included in the box if you are getting a pledge that includes the game. You do not need to add her on unless you want another mini of her. She comes complete with the cards to play her.
Premium Journey will get you 4 extra resin Pilgrims and the collector's upgrades - there's quite a bit of nice scenery, but that doesn't affect gameplay, just replaces the tokens in the box.

Resin holds more detail than plastic - it is slightly more brittle than plastic, but still fine for playing with. Marrow are using a high quality plastic that should still look great (look at the 1/35 military figures from Dragon for comparison to Marrow's plastic)
Basically if you're a gamer, go for plastic (more minis for your $), if you're a painter go for resin (more detail).
The centipede is only available in resin as he's a KS exclusive, at $20 he's a bargain.
Other than that, it's whatever you want & how much you feel comfortable spending - the Jiangshi look like fun - $15 a bundle. Soul Hunter/cleanser pack adds variety to game play. It really is up to you & your budget, so, based on your original list -

base game - $100
shipping - $30
Jiangshi + Coffin set - $15
QingLong - $38
Centipede Demon - $20

That comes to $278.

Some people add a Yau set - 2 Zing + 5 Jing minis at $21, but you already get 1 Zing & 2 Jing in the box game upgrades So it really depends if you want more or not. That would bring you to $299.

At $320 you would get one free resin Jiangshi and one free plastic Yagaru Bone Beast.

If you go to the KS front page & scroll down there are big 'what you get' images so you can see what is in the box now that the stretch goals are unlocked and you can compare single journey to Premium Journey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mouser
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TAMN wrote:
The 5th Pilgrim (the Dragon Princess) is included in the box if you are getting a pledge that includes the game. You do not need to add her on unless you want another mini of her. She comes complete with the cards to play her.
Premium Journey will get you 4 extra resin Pilgrims and the collector's upgrades - there's quite a bit of nice scenery, but that doesn't affect gameplay, just replaces the tokens in the box.

Resin holds more detail than plastic - it is slightly more brittle than plastic, but still fine for playing with. Marrow are using a high quality plastic that should still look great (look at the 1/35 military figures from Dragon for comparison to Marrow's plastic)
Basically if you're a gamer, go for plastic (more minis for your $), if you're a painter go for resin (more detail).
The centipede is only available in resin as he's a KS exclusive, at $20 he's a bargain.
Other than that, it's whatever you want & how much you feel comfortable spending - the Jiangshi look like fun - $15 a bundle. Soul Hunter/cleanser pack adds variety to game play. It really is up to you & your budget, so, based on your original list -

base game - $100
shipping - $30
Jiangshi + Coffin set - $15
QingLong - $38
Centipede Demon - $20

That comes to $278.

Some people add a Yau set - 2 Zing + 5 Jing minis at $21, but you already get 1 Zing & 2 Jing in the box game upgrades So it really depends if you want more or not. That would bring you to $299.

At $320 you would get one free resin Jiangshi and one free plastic Yagaru Bone Beast.

If you go to the KS front page & scroll down there are big 'what you get' images so you can see what is in the box now that the stretch goals are unlocked and you can compare single journey to Premium Journey.

Thank you very much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TA MN
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW Pie - you can add the Yagaru as an Add-On for $20 in resin or a bundle of 3x Yataru Bone Warriors, 1 x Yangu Bone General and 1 x Yagara Bone Beast in plastic for $20.

Either of those options would bring you to $298 - still less expensive than hitting $320 to get the Yagaru for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.