Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlo
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking it might be fun to take an old computer keyboard, pop off the keys, and repaint them to 1s and 5s to use a credit chips.

I also (briefly) considered chopping up an old motherboard for that classic circuitry look, until I read more about the dust and fumes involved yuk

Maybe I can collect some old soundcards and pop off the little, uh, round transistor thingies (see how sci-fi and futuristic I sound?!).

Snapping RAM sticks into multiple pieces also seems fun, since they have such natural break lines along each black cube area.

Really old SD cards would be perfect if I could find a bunch in bulk for cheap. A handful of little 64mb SD cards with rewritten 1s and 5s on them is exactly how I imagine a handful of credits would feel.

Any other ideas? Has anyone seem similar projects done to completion before? I can't reason spending $40 for the Litko set when I could re-buy another core set for that price
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea. Sim cards could also be used. Regular sized for 5, micro for 1, and mini for 2 (a 2-credit token would be so useful).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're onto something but your average keycaps are going to be too large. Maybe laptop keycaps, or even the tiny ones from an old Toshiba Libretto?

If you want to annoy your opponent, use resistors and rely on their colour coding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
endgame wrote:
If you want to annoy your opponent, use resistors and rely on their colour coding.

That's just evil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bosky wrote:
Snapping RAM sticks into multiple pieces also seems fun, since they have such natural break lines along each black cube area.

I would think these would be better for MU.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
Good idea. Sim cards could also be used. Regular sized for 5, micro for 1, and mini for 2 (a 2-credit token would be so useful).

Yeah, I honestly don't know what Team Covenant was thinking only releasing a 1- and 5-credit token. They play the game, they know how useful 2- or 3-credit chits would be.

That's why I'm holding off on getting any custom tokens until I see what they come out with. I thought about getting the Broken Egg Games ones but the credits are just too large, and all the same size for all denominations...no thanks. If they made the single credits small and only the 5-credits as large as they are, I'd be in for a set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.