10 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Hey, I'm looking for some infos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabien GARNIER
msg tools
Hello !

My name is Fabien, and I just found something in my room.

Large picture

I am wondering what it is, since I've never played this game. I think I got this for free back in 2008 and I never opened it, I don't even know what's inside !

So, if you know what this item is, thanks a lot for telling me ! :-)

Fabien
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably part of the Mage Knight HeroClix stuff.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeksearch.php?action=search&object...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pol Michiels
Belgium
Ottenburg
Vlaams brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Of all people who have nothing to say, those who say nothing are the wisest.
mbmbmbmbmb
DreamStorm wrote:
Mage Knight HeroClix stuff.

You know, I always wondered. Mage Knight definitely used click bases long before HeroClix existed right? So how come everyone still knows them as heroclix stuff?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like the original Mage Knight, which is a different game: Mage Knight. They may be able to tell you more in the forums there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boscrossos wrote:
DreamStorm wrote:

You know, I always wondered. Mage Knight definitely used click bases long before HeroClix existed right? So how come everyone still knows them as heroclix stuff?

If I remember correctly it was taken over by HeroClix before its prime. I think someone mentioned something along those lines on BGG a few weeks back. Don't quote me on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien GARNIER
msg tools
Thanks you very much to everyone !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ziegler
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mage Knight sort of divides into four distinct periods. First there was the original Mage Knight (often referred to as 1.0), then there was Mage Knight 2.0, and then there was Mage Knight: The Board Game, and now recently there is Mage Knight: Resurrection. The box you have there looks to be from the Mage Knight 2.0 set, which was obviously part of the Mage Knight 2.0 series. It's probably circa 2005 or so. I hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashen von Ragend
Austria
Wien / Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boscrossos wrote:
DreamStorm wrote:

Because no one cares about the classic mageknight, even though it was a far better system than heroclix :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Schäfer
Germany
Bensheim
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There had been an older game called MAGE KNIGHT, had been a tabletop with collectable heros.

German Wikientry for
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mage_Knight

It had been produced from WizKids (http://wizkidsgames.com/)

And now the funny thing - they are the producers of the new Mage Knight, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Wilson
United States
Bangor
ME
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DreamStorm wrote:
If I remember correctly it was taken over by HeroClix before its prime. I think someone mentioned something along those lines on BGG a few weeks back. Don't quote me on it.

A player at my FLGS claimed the fall of the game was caused more internally then by HeroClix.

They introduced a race called the Solonavi, that where, apparently, high cost, high power units, without a lot of mitigation. So, the game became a matter of "are you fielding Solonavi? Ok, you win."

And now, to add to the confusion, they are bringing back Mage Knight, with something called SwitchClix, that will let you use Mage Knight bases for that system, or switch the bases for HeroClix bases and use the figures in that game.

I look forward to trying it, I've heard really good things about the original Mage Knight gameplay. And this board game has definitely caught my attention on the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.