Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A store owner and I are attempting to make a super-affordable way for players to cube-draft Netrunner.

Poll
The store we play at, Denver Central Games, sells boardgames, food, and drink in addition to Netrunner.
Which of the following methods of "payment" would be most appealing to you?
Players pay $5 to play. 100% of that money goes to a store-credit prize-pot for top players that night.
Players spend $5 that night or buy a $5 gift card to spend later in order to play.
      55 answers
Poll created by Quizoid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you're looking for a lower price point than the draft packs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Gehrig
United States
East Dundee
Illinois
flag msg tools
Why don't you just have both options available for the event? Then players who like the idea of playing for the kitty can, and the players who view that as a lottery can simply Buy a $5 gift card. Everyone is happy, and no one is forced into "throwing money into the kitty".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BAG BRO 2 wrote:
Why don't you just have both options available for the event? Then players who like the idea of playing for the kitty can, and the players who view that as a lottery can simply Buy a $5 gift card. Everyone is happy, and no one is forced into "throwing money into the kitty".

I thought of that, too. It's not a bad idea. I guess my fear is that sometimes choice leads to sadness.

Example: "No, I won't put into the pot... oh I won... sad..." I know it sounds silly, but human feelings aren't really logical.

Also... might create a funny feeling in the group that we're not all doing the same thing.

Still might be my option, though! I might be over-thinking vague psychological assumptions I'm making.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.