Subject: Why is BGG still running Boards and Bits ads? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
the_kid
United States
manalapan
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I've looked at some games and saw that in the box near the title is the buy it at ads with B&B as the retailer. Wouldn't you want ads that are going to pay you when someone clicks on them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
the_kid wrote:
Wouldn't you want ads that are going to pay you when someone clicks on them?

maybe the type of ad's are the type bgg get's paid "per view" vs. click thru.... and even if the latter just because b&b isn't currently taking any new orders there is nothing to stop folks from clicking thru

the ads i find really annoying are ones that imply the etailer has the game in stock to find it's just a pre-order...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
the_kid wrote:
Wouldn't you want ads that are going to pay you when someone clicks on them?

maybe the type of ad's are the type bgg get's paid "per view" vs. click thru.... and even if the latter just because b&b isn't currently taking any new orders there is nothing to stop folks from clicking thru

At least one vendor has said they haven't been paid by B&B. I would find it very interesting information if it came to light that B&B was still paying for these ads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ad campaigns are paid for in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
At least one vendor has said they haven't been paid by B&B. I would find it very interesting information if it came to light that B&B was still paying for these ads.

For those just tuning in, the Vendor is Mayday Games, and this is Tom's response:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/13853328#13853328
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jyeackle wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

For those just tuning in, the Vendor is Mayday Games, and this is Tom's response:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/13853328#13853328

The interesting thing about Tom's response was that he never said he paid them. Just that by the time all the confusion was cleared it up it was October. And since he's gone quiet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kornhaus
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more annoyed by Cardhaus' scattershot Tanto Cuore ads.

If you're going to post an ad in that space, at least make it relevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We can confirm that we still have not been paid for the June invoice totaling over $1,500 USD. Yes we were asked to see the copy of the invoice and we sent it about 2 months ago, no replies since then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeramy Poulin
United States
San Digeo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
We can confirm that we still have not been paid for the June invoice totaling over $1,500 USD. Yes we were asked to see the copy of the invoice and we sent it about 2 months ago, no replies since then.

Less than a year ago I was naive enough to wonder why the hobby gaming industry seemed so against 30-day net standards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.