Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Sbragia
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The judge variant suggested me this variant idea:

For 3 Players (see below for more)

One player is the Judge, the other two players are prosecutors or law firms for the defendant (barristers, solicitors and so on...)

The judge will randomly choose 3 dice and he will roll them, and from the results he will portrait a situation (a case): For example "John Doe murdered Jane Doe in an house near a wood"

1st round
The Prosecutor will randomly choose 5 dice and he will roll them, from the results he/she will build up evidences for the prosecution

Then the defendant will do the same as the prosecutor to build up his/her defence

---
2nd round

The prosecutor may decide to let the judge to make the verdict or the prosecutor may choose to continue the debate choosing randomly 3 dice and rolling them

IF the prosecutor rolls the 3 dice the defendat may choose to:
roll 2 dice to counter the prosecutor or to "make objection" to ONE die of the 3 rolled by the prosecutor BEFORE the prosecutor can speak
After the choice of the defendant the Judge will make the verdict based on coherence and evidence given by the prosecutor and by the defendant
---
With more players it should be interesting to replace the "judge" with the jury to vote the verdict
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
this is awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotirios K
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
if you can read this, the 100 GG I spent were not in vain
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, how about this: while defense is speaking, offense rolls 3 dice in secret and can object by revealing a die and incorporating it in the objection (or vice versa, of course). Thus, it feels even more like a court case and you have a set limit of objections so the game doesn't bog down.

You could also use a die as a witness as a piece of evidence. This gives a way to deal with a large number of players: either defense or prosecution can use a die to call on a witness who has to support their case by responding to questions in a way related to the die. And of course, objections can be called on during witness quesioning. Maybe with like 10 players, you could have a jury of 3, prosecution/defense (2), 2 witnesses per side (so both sides have to use 2 dice as witnesses) and one Judge to act as a wildcard by asking questions to both sides and setting the scene by describing the case at the start. With even more players, you can add more jury members or witnesses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Sbragia
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Really nice CrazyCod

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zakimos Kleidos
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, I was thinking about making up an Ace Attorney cardgame, and I just received Rory's Story Cubes for Christmas, I guess this is what I was looking for :-D. Awesome ideas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls